Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Throat cancer, barely alive, still smoking, drinking and gambling money he doesn't have. Real sad.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Next time, please just copy the text of the article, provide a link, and attribute it to the newspaper and the writer. That should cover all issues.

Your link is not coming up for me.

And I am frustrated.

I have been teased, and I don't get to finish the dessert. :(

Russ

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
I've seen younger looking fossils but he's hanging in there! Getting his book for Xmas if Santa is feeling nice, my original Snooker Hero who made a lot of players rich.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
Next time, please just copy the text of the article, provide a link, and attribute it to the newspaper and the writer. That should cover all issues.

Your link is not coming up for me.

And I am frustrated.

I have been teased, and I don't get to finish the dessert. :(

Russ

Sorry, Russ, it's a very long article. I forgot, you are the center of the universe and I should have consulted with you before posting. ;) :D

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys :)

I know of Alex very well, as I have not only met him in person a few times, but I have had the oppertunity to play him a frame of snooker and to also referree for him in a pool tournament here, and yes, he has been through alot, but he's definitely still hanging in there and he still most definitely know how to hold a cue stick :)

In fact, about 2 years ago, he antered the All Ireland 9ball CHampionships and finished in the 1/4's losing 10-8, but even in that event, he showd that he can still play to a good standard :)

I haven't seen Alex around since then, but if I do, I'll most definitely pass on your best wishes and reguards to him :)

Willie

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
punter said:
Sorry, Russ, it's a very long article. I forgot, you are the center of the universe and I should have consulted with you before posting. ;) :D

I wasn't trying to come across as the center of the universe.. Just making a request is all. I didn't think it came across as mean. Sorry if it did. I try to post text of articles when I can, just in case someone's ISP is having difficulties reaching the site. :D

Russ

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
I wasn't trying to come across as the center of the universe.. Just making a request is all. I didn't think it came across as mean. Sorry if it did. I try to post text of articles when I can, just in case someone's ISP is having difficulties reaching the site. :D

Russ

Well you changed the content before I could reply.:D I was ribbing you a little. I tried to express that with emoticons. As I said, this article is very long and contains bad language. Sorry if I offended you.

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Higgins. I gotta tell you. The biggest character by far that has ever held a cue. I have practiced with him, played him in tournaments and in exhibitions. I feel bad for the card he has been dealt but anybody who comes on here and tries to say that he is a nice guy are not talking about the Alex I know. I was a National Junior Champion at 3 age brackets back in Northern Ireland and guys like me were always used as cannon fodder for the visiting pros when doing exhibitions. I hate to say anything negative on here but some of the crap he pulled you would not believe. He thought he could do anything because he was "Hurricane Higgins". Probably the most talented player in the history of any cue game and there is no way any player was a bigger fan favorite than Alex. Think of Earl only with twice the talent and ten times the temper.