Alex Pagulayan vs DJ McGinley

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know what happened with this match?
Was it ever streamed?

Attachments

• APDJ.jpg
    APDJ.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 128

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not missing anything. Video quality sucked.
I can watch just fine once I get the link. Got the loginto FB screen but if you start the player quick enough it holds. Says they're way out in the sticks up north and that's the best the stream can do.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Not missing anything. Video quality sucked.
It's funny, I was talking to someone else about this very thing during the match.

The 'room' they are playing in, isn't actually a business. It's a privately owned building on a native reserve. The owner loves pool and has bought several diamond tables for the space. Including what I believe to be the only diamond 10fter in at least Ontario. There's some serious action in that spot dubbed "The Shark Tank". Unfortunately, the internet service is brutal from I've been told and the resulting live streams are hit and miss at the best of times.

I jumped through a few hoops to try to get a match in that building while travelling for business. In the end the potential opponent was just flapping his gums, and had no where near the pull with the room that he pretended to have. With covid drama in full swing at that time. Getting in there to play was a tough nut to crack.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I wouldn't want Mr McGindley negotiating weight for me.
Lol. A bigger problem there is Alex.

Tough to beat at pool with any weight.
Ya... the wild ball weight I don't think is much of a factor against real talent. ...and especially talent with a moves game on the level of Alex.

I'll give DJ props for stepping up. Even though the action is way lighter than it normally is in that room. Normally he's handing out the advantages to challengers.