• All-out Offensive

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Successive Offensive

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
for some reason, your persistence bothers me. i bet my red rep bothers you...

-s

no, we got banned for fighting and too rough language. don't worry, none of us want to fight and argue anymore, we're here to simply chat and debate.

Banks

Banned
no, we got banned for fighting and too rough language. don't worry, none of us want to fight and argue anymore, we're here to simply chat and debate.

Fighting? That's one way of putting it without taking much blame..

Please park your trollmobile elsewhere..

trollmobile.jpg

it's not multiple people under one username, it's my personal account. sometimes I simply speak in the name of my friends (who are, btw, the other authors), but this account is here for my own purposes only. I don't see how's that a violation.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see any of the strategies mentioned in Byrne or Martin classical books on pool and 8-ball. Or Chapelle's line of pool books.

A) such as waiting for the table to develop before running out
B) choosing a key ball
C) working with an insurance ball
D) abandoing a run when you have a dead killer safety

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"A complex, high-quality guide for anyone who wants to learn how to play 8 Ball Pool properly or improve themselves at this game"

Ok, so you are trying to tell me "shooting from the hip" is the proper way to play? How about the "ram" shot? LMAO

Foolio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried reading a bit on my phone, which was quite difficult. But I have to thank you for the chuckle, wtf are power levels? Lol. Also I didn't know that soft tips had a rubber core. :eek:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
By creating another account you are attempting to evade the ban but that's another topic.

It's nice you have passion for your position but I believe you already called us, "sticks in the mud", or something of that flavor because we follow some simple etiquette around the table.

It's just not a good approach to alienate 95% of us then ask for support.

Before you reply, go check what I already wrote in your previous post in the, "Ask The Instructor" forum. I would be quick before a mod finds you and prevents you from replying again.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another choice part of the guide is it says you can lean over the table and don't even need a foot touching the floor. HAHAHA I really hope people don't start standing on the table while they shoot since it is legal.

Fighting? That's one way of putting it without taking much blame..

Please park your trollmobile elsewhere..

And what would you call it? Btw trolling? How does this post have anything to do with trolling?

I don't see any of the strategies mentioned in Byrne or Martin classical books on pool and 8-ball. Or Chapelle's line of pool books.

A) such as waiting for the table to develop before running out
B) choosing a key ball
C) working with an insurance ball
D) abandoing a run when you have a dead killer safety

Sry but this post obviously doesn't cover all existing strategies. It's only about AOO and SO.

"A complex, high-quality guide for anyone who wants to learn how to play 8 Ball Pool properly or improve themselves at this game"

Ok, so you are trying to tell me "shooting from the hip" is the proper way to play? How about the "ram" shot? LMAO

Yeah, it teaches you how to play 8 ball properly if using standardized public rules, what was mentioned several times. And if you read the guide, you should know both SFH and ram shot have their purposes in the game. I think that part was well-described.

I tried reading a bit on my phone, which was quite difficult. But I have to thank you for the chuckle, wtf are power levels? Lol. Also I didn't know that soft tips had a rubber core.

Power levels represent the amount of power you apply to your shot. And softer tips don't have a rubber core, we said they act more "rubber-like" comparing to harder ones.

By creating another account you are attempting to evade the ban but that's another topic.

It's nice you have passion for your position but I believe you already called us, "sticks in the mud", or something of that flavor because we follow some simple etiquette around the table.

It's just not a good approach to alienate 95% of us then ask for support.

Before you reply, go check what I already wrote in your previous post in the, "Ask The Instructor" forum. I would be quick before a mod finds you and prevents you from replying again.

I'm not evading the ban as if I was still banned, I couldn't have registered again. My previous account was deleted. Sry I don't remember how I called you, but like I said, I'm done with fighting and calling each other names, that was just plain childish and I admit it. Btw that topic you mentioned was deleted as well, as far as I know.

Another choice part of the guide is it says you can lean over the table and don't even need a foot touching the floor. HAHAHA I really hope people don't start standing on the table while they shoot since it is legal.

At least one guy did what he was supposed to. We asked the readers to let us know if they find any accidental gap in the rules. We've just taken care of this one. Good job! :)

To conclude this awfully long post, I hope we settled these misunderstandings and we can finally move to the topic, which is AOO vs SO.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Sry I don't remember how I called you, but like I said, I'm done with fighting and calling each other names, that was just plain childish and I admit it. Btw that topic you mentioned was deleted as well, as far as I know.

You actually did the categorizing this morning, but that's ok, an Alaskan cue maker once said he wanted to do bad things to me which concerned me far more at the time as I prefer the fairer sex and don't truly understand why another man would want to ... nevermind. I suppose in the wild north, one gets lonely.

(Since I got called old in that other thread I have a need to tell irrelevant tales about days gone by...)

Oh yes ... back to the topic at hand ...

Here's your link

Sorry but standardized public rules is a bunch of crap you made up. Nothing standard about it

I already started boring myself by repeating the same sentence over and over again, but I guess one more time won't kill me. We didn't make up the rules!!! Public rules are used in millions of matches by millions of players. The problem is they use thousands of different variants, so we only standardized them by making a single, most balanced version. They're not made up, we just kind of merged them together to cover all areas of the game.

And to answer your previous question about explaining these strategies, I'm asking you to read my initial post again. I said that all of those who are not familiar with these strategies can find detailed descriptions in the guide under "strategies and play styles". The link is also in the initial post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolkillers81
Instead of adapting themselves to the game (like in official 8 Ball), they need to adapt the game to themselves if they want to come out on top.

Now that's a little worrisome. If you can't win, change the rules?

Adapting to the game doesn't have anything to do with the rules. I explained the rules issue in the previous post. Adaptation means investing in the right skills and knowledge and building up your own play style you feel most comfortable with, and then using your own advantages to beat your opponents.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already started boring myself by repeating the same sentence over and over again, but I guess one more time won't kill me. We didn't make up the rules!!! Public rules are used in millions of matches by millions of players. The problem is they use thousands of different variants, so we only standardized them by making a single, most balanced version. They're not made up, we just kind of merged them together to cover all areas of the game.

And to answer your previous question about explaining these strategies, I'm asking you to read my initial post again. I said that all of those who are not familiar with these strategies can find detailed descriptions in the guide under "strategies and play styles". The link is also in the initial post.

But your rules actually make the game more difficult. Being able to touch the cue ball without moving it being a legal shot creates a impossible never ending situation if 2 player choose to do that back and forth. It doesn't really matter though because you have made up your own rules and now claim that are standard public rules. Why not just take BCA rules and remove BIH (please say you know what BIH is)?

I did read your post and tried to find the section in your guide. I couldn't read through 47 pages of bullshit to find the section in question. Perhaps if you would be so kind as to paste it into this topic we would know what the heck you are talking about.