Amar Kang...RIP

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jeez, what a shocker—he wasn’t very old. Greatly talented and big hearted pool player. Condolences to his family.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I never met Amar, I feel as tho I did. As I know many of his close friends, road partners, guys in Sac and the area, and TC. Everyone always spoke highly of him. His pool talent was amazing, he played great and was a good winner and loser-class guy in pool. Tough action too. He just won a tough soaring session in Georgia a couple weeks ago.

When I saw this thread I didn’t reply, I contacted a couple guys who knew him very well, one saw him less than a couple weeks ago. Everything was fine. He said he had to “get home to take care of a couple things and would be back(the South) soon.”

I was told “he went to sleep and they found him unresponsive”. I don’t use FB so I’m not sure what was said there. I’m just the messenger after talking to a couple people who knew him well. I haven’t spoke to TC and am not asking him anything now. This is beyond tragic and certainly unexpected. We haven’t lost a top player in many many years that was so young.

My condolences to his friends, family and the greater pool community. I feel horrible and never had met him, I always figured out path would cross somewhere down the road. I played in Sacramento before he showed up-when he did, naturally I heard about it way back when. Was cool having huge talent come to Sac after I left. Pool is so strong there.

He will be remembered. I’m positive there wil be an annual memorial tourney in his name for decades to come-he deserves it.

RIP🙏🏼❤️🥲

Again my deepest condolences to all,
Fatboy

JonnyB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sad to hear. I got to watch him play at Hard Times Sacramento regularly in years past, and I would sometimes bounce up to the top of the old Tuesday 8-ball line tournament where he was usually waiting as the King of the line. He was generous and genuine in sharing feedback and observations after the matches. I have nothing but fond memories of our interactions and admiration/appreciation for his talent. RIP Amar. :cry: