American Roadplayer issuing refunds?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I just got a refund for my donation. Im guessing that the Indiegogo campaign didnt hit its goal? If not, maybe there will be a new campaign with lower goals?

I dunno about you, but i kinda had a bit of interest seeing more of the Scooter show/trainwreck...

Eric

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
got my refund as well. I'd put up money again if they decide to keep this train rolling.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope he doesn't can the idea all togeather. Just go back to the drawing board and come up with something else. First tries at anything are not usually successful. The secret is to not quit.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Instead of an internet show they should just make it a documentary and sell it to HBO. It sucks that the refunds are being made, but Im glad they stuck to their word.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I predicted this.
If he had tried to show of pool in a positive light, instead of going down the douchebag, gambling, shady business route, he might have succeeded.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead of an internet show they should just make it a documentary and sell it to HBO. It sucks that the refunds are being made, but Im glad they stuck to their word.
I think it would have some pretty high costs to do it right. You are right though, I have seen them on surfing to bull riding. documentaries sell for sure. I am surprised there has not been one already.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I predicted this.
If he had tried to show of pool in a positive light, instead of going down the douchebag, gambling, shady business route, he might have succeeded.

What they need to do is a documentary on a clean cut player (who can actually play), who is educated, talented, and can act (as in has acting experience)
like a hustler/gambler.

You put the camera in front of Scooter and he's not totally himself.
You put the camera in front of someone who can pull off a "Scooter," then it's more believable.

I'm waiting for my PM from someone for my shot.........

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I understand that Scooter might not be the most ideal american roadplayer, but ya gotta start somewhere...

Im with you guys, i think i would kick in a few clams again, to see this under the big tent.

Eric

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I predicted this.

Yeah, but the real head scratcher is not the going down that road, but rather not having the insight of seeing that right off the bat.

Guess you can't teach cows to fly, no matter how its explained to them. It is what it is. Just that promotion video clip alone was a bee line in the wrong direction IMO.

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As interested as I am in this thing I still found it a bit ironic that they needed to raise money to produce a show about hustling for money. It kind of made me wonder who was actually being hustled. But, they're issuing refunds to those who donated so, hhmmm...

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A sucker is born every minute.. luckily for you suckers you got your money back. Count your blessings and move on

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I think "suckers" isn't the best way to look at it.

Hell, it's not like we are promised some kind of return on the money. If anything, we were paying for the entertainment value. It's kinda like the Youtube vids that start with "Someone hold my beer...".

Come to think about it, I think I've donked off more than my donation on some lap dances.

Eric

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Sad part is, the industry that would have "benefitted" could not work together and pool their money to the tune of $40K!!!

Look at what the color of money did and rounders!!! if it is 1/10 as successful as either one of these, their return on their investment is "enormous!" As much money as the big pool leagues pull down, they could not get 15k a piece from TAP, APA & BCA leagues to jump start their businesses???

To be honest, I just don't understand the logic???

I truly wish someone could make sense of things for me? I could certainly use the enlightenment???

KD

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Different

Sad part is, the industry that would have "benefitted" could not work together and pool their money to the tune of $40K!!!

Look at what the color of money did and rounders!!! if it is 1/10 as successful as either one of these, their return on their investment is "enormous!" As much money as the big pool leagues pull down, they could not get 15k a piece from TAP, APA & BCA leagues to jump start their businesses???

I truly wish someone could make sense of things for me? I could certainly use the enlightenment???

KD

Rounders and The Color of Money were studio films..with studio budgets...and studio distribution. Rounders did roughly $23 million and TCOM around $52 million. A reality show that would make its $ from commercials, based on ratings would be lucky to make 1/100th of either of those movies, forget about 1/10th.

A low budget documentary focused on both the gambling side and the few Pro Tourneys with interviews of people from all areas of the game sold to HBO, Showtime, Encore or Starz sounds like the best and most realistic idea.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Rounders and The Color of Money were studio films..with studio budgets...and studio distribution. Rounders did roughly $23 million and TCOM around $52 million. A reality show that would make its $ from commercials, based on ratings would be lucky to make 1/100th of either of those movies, forget about 1/10th.

A low budget documentary focused on both the gambling side and the few Pro Tourneys with interviews of people from all areas of the game sold to HBO, Showtime, Encore or Starz sounds like the best and most realistic idea.

you misunderstood or i miss communicated!!!

either way, i was referring to the "EFFECT" on the pool/poker industry those films created and the "Wealth Effect" it created inside the industries depicted in each of those films.

The film or the series or documentary could break even, loss a little or make alot and still help the industry! IMO

Based on this "Potential" upside to the industry, it is logical to get behind it and support it??? That did not happen and it is becoming a missed oppertunity for the big players in the industry. Again, like I said it is sad that TAP, APA & BCA could not come together and neither could Brunswick, Diamond, Simonios, Suloc and other industry titans!!!

KD

Last edited:

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

either way, i was referring to the "EFFECT" on the pool/poker industry those films created and the "Wealth Effect" it created inside the industries depicted in each of those films.

The film or the series or documentary could break even, loss a little or make alot and still help the industry! IMO

Based on this "Potential" upside to the industry, it is logical to get behind it and support it??? That did not happen and it is becoming a missed oppertunity for the big players in the industry. Again, like I said it is sad that TAP, APA & BCA could not come together and neither could Brunswick, Diamond, Simonios, Suloc and other industry titans!!!

KD

Regarding League and Industry support..I agree with you.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member

KD

What company would support a guy who says, "I have to win this [gambling match] because I've got two kids at home and the rent has to get paid" ?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KD
I didn't know they offered a return on investment. I think the reason no one gave them money, including me, was no faith in the project. I think it was a bad idea, so why would I put money into it? That is not to say if he comes up with something more interesting people won't give.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KD
Big players in the industry as you call them, if they were so inclined would just do it themselves. They are not giving money to him.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What company would support a guy who says, "I have to win this [gambling match] because I've got two kids at home and the rent has to get paid" ?

There is nothing interesting about that. I put on a tournament years ago and had pros like Sigel, DiLiberto Hall and other top players there. The local newspaper was there and doing interviews. They talked to all the pros along with others. The story was coming out Saturday morning and we were all interested to see what they would write about the tournament.

It was good almost a 1/4 page they mentioned the players and a little about 9 ball but that was not what the article was about. With all the pros there they focused on one "Amateur" player playing with the pros who was a local executive and part time pool player.

They had pictures of him an interview with his wife and so on. You see, they are professionals and saw where the real story was that people would want to read. Not the loud mouth pros that talked their ears off, but a quiet well dressed interesting guy who people can identify with. I always remembered that.

Last edited: