An American's 1st Time in the Philippines!

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Masirib5094.jpg


I wrote a brief post on Masirib5's first trip to the Philippines.
The post includes some pictures of my friend's unforgettable stay
in the Pool Capital of the World!

Much thanks for looking, everyone!
Links are here, friends!


Written Post & Pictures

and

YouTube Video


AK
 
  • Like
Reactions: DRW
An enjoyable account, and very fun video!

AnitoKid:

That was a very fine read, and fun video to boot!

I very much want to visit the Philippines one day (er, certainly for more than a "day" to be sure :) ). I was in the U.S. Navy for 8 years in the 1980s, but alas, I was stationed on the Atlantic side of the 'States, not the Pacific side, so a jaunt to the Philippines was an impossibility for me at the time.

However, it will be a dream fulfilled if I can make an extended stay in the Pool Capital of the world sometime soon. I will try to make this happen.

Thank you so much for your always-enjoyable posts and great reading on your blog!

Warmest regards,
-Sean
 
@Sean,

Thank you for the nice things you've said about my site.
They are very much appreciated. And I kid you not!

Dreams do come true, Sean! Here's hoping you can
visit my beautiful country someday. Same goes to all
our friends here at AZ!

I look forward to having you here, Sean!

All the best!

AK




AnitoKid:

That was a very fine read, and fun video to boot!

I very much want to visit the Philippines one day (er, certainly for more than a "day" to be sure :) ). I was in the U.S. Navy for 8 years in the 1980s, but alas, I was stationed on the Atlantic side of the 'States, not the Pacific side, so a jaunt to the Philippines was an impossibility for me at the time.

However, it will be a dream fulfilled if I can make an extended stay in the Pool Capital of the world sometime soon. I will try to make this happen.

Thank you so much for your always-enjoyable posts and great reading on your blog!

Warmest regards,
-Sean
 
Last edited:
Should be titled (Dream visit for all pool players)

Great write up. He'll remember that forever. Thanks for posting.:smile:
 
I watched everything and read everything. It was ALL GOOD!

A man trained in the martial arts should have tried the Balut, don't you think? :D

JoeyA (not trying the Balut unless I have a major wager, with major odds) :p
 
Believe you me, I tried my best for Jeff
to try balut - but to no avail!

Next time, i'll give it my darndest best for
him to try it, including penoy and one-day old!
And I kid you not!


:)

AK



I watched everything and read everything. It was ALL GOOD!

A man trained in the martial arts should have tried the Balut, don't you think? :D

JoeyA (not trying the Balut unless I have a major wager, with major odds) :p
 
Last edited:
Anitokid

A Great post !! I envy Jeff a lot.
I definitely need to look you up when the trip to PI is planned~ :smile:

Sas
 
Incredible story...you should be proud for having a hand in making such great memories!
 
I really made a nice move to get out of the Balut!

Yeah, I may try it. Although I can't say that is one thing I'm really looking forward to trying! All my old friends have thought I was some kind of reincarnated Filipino since I was 20 years old! But Balut... NO WAY! and IKYN!



Believe you me, I tried my best for Jeff
to try balut - but to no avail!

Next time, i'll give it my darndest best for
him to try it, including penoy and one-day old!
And I kid you not!


:)

AK
 
Hey Masirib5, being your first time in the Philippines I am curious to know what you think of the regular players there?
 
Regular = non pro

I'm answering this as thinking you mean regular players as non-professional.

In my limited experience, the people I played or observed are very, very focused and play really well. I'm for sure no great player but I play a little and the tournament I played in one night was a handicapped tournament and about 1/3rd of the people I played had to give me the 6 and 9 and they were better players but I won because the races in this tournament were short and I got lucky a few times.

No doubt they all love pool and are really dedicated to making a friendly and extremely competitive environment. The action is incredible. When I play seriously I don't appreciate a lot of talking normally (even though when I'm playing for fun, I tend to talk with my opponent- a flaw!) and it was always loud in the pool halls but everyone was talking Tagalog so I didn't really hear anything - if you know what I mean.

The friendliest people you will ever meet. If you love pool, you will be treated with respect!

Hey Masirib5, being your first time in the Philippines I am curious to know what you think of the regular players there?
 
Back
Top