an open letter to apa haters

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I was going to mention that you should set our friend up with a match against Jody, Rob or DJ. Strickland got the short end of two matches against DJ. Once saw him break and run a set for $1k. And he has played in the CPA ;)

I think Gary Abood was an APA member. Maybe player should step in the box with him and spot him the 7 out.

If clown shoes wants to travel our way I'd love to get involved. Maybe send Big Red a text and see if he wants the 7.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was going to mention that you should set our friend up with a match against Jody, Rob or DJ. Strickland got the short end of two matches against DJ. Once saw him break and run a set for $1k. And he has played in the CPA ;)

I think Gary Abood was an APA member. Maybe player should step in the box with him and spot him the 7 out.

How the hell did they let DJ McGinley into APA?
....he had Canadian Champion potential.

Brandenburg was a Open caliber player also.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If clown shoes wants to travel our way I'd love to get involved. Maybe send Big Red a text and see if he wants the 7.. Lol

Yeah well if he ( Gary Abood ) was you can bet he was a 4 and stealing just like he did to everyone around my area when folks were taking care of him. ( anyone need some jewelry lol )

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

I had DJ on my team. Both 7/9s.

I played against Rob in CPA and TAP. Lost 5-4 against him in a singles tourney in Hamilton. When he catches a gear, he's pro speed.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:D

Hey ya'll quit knocking the proposed action that may take place. :D

Dont'cha know all apa card carrying members aint nothing but idiots and bangers like me. :)

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played APA and a few other leagues. The only patch I ever use is the one on my case which states "I am not a cactus expert, but I know a ***** when I see one".

You guys still woffing on here. I had stepped out and won 400, to go with last Sunday's 600. Give up 8 and a game playing 6 to 5....won 5 out of 6 to bring it home.

I'm no world beater, but I can beat more people I run into than not. Losing isn't the worst thing, just gotta stay busy and let the money come to you.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
You guys still woffing on here. I had stepped out and won 400, to go with last Sunday's 600. Give up 8 and a game playing 6 to 5....won 5 out of 6 to bring it home.

I'm no world beater, but I can beat more people I run into than not. Losing isn't the worst thing, just gotta stay busy and let the money come to you.

Don't you have something better to do? Like I donno.. Maybe cause a car accident or steal apa patches?

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Not taking his side at all but yall must realize there is no upside for him to play anyone on AZ and almost definitely get all his future action killed ( which we all know would most likely happen correct? ) . Of in fact he is an action only player, which by the way I can totally relate, no good van come from accepting Internet challenges nor posting any of his conquests. Whether this guy can play or not who knows, but also who cares? Anyone with at least a little bit of sense that doesn't want to kill their action is not advertising on the net.

I understand, and you are probably correct. You would certainly know much better than me,
but why would an action player come here just to whine about APA players. I don't
understand much about how the action game works, but something like this is very
perplexing.

The money seems like it would be pretty insignificant to a guy like him, what did he say he
makes? 312,000 per year and another 50,000 gambling at pool. I suspect he's already
a known player.

If a player on his (alleged) level is resorting to calling out league players (and only APA
players?) you'd have to begin to question his claims.

The guy is obviously an attention whore and not terribly interested in keeping his identity
on the low down.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand, and you are probably correct. You would certainly know much better than me,
but why would an action player come here just to whine about APA players. I don't
understand much about how the action game works, but something like this is very
perplexing.

The money seems like it would be pretty insignificant to a guy like him, what did he say he
makes? 312,000 per year and another 50,000 gambling at pool. I suspect he's already
a known player.

If a player on his (alleged) level is resorting to calling out league players (and only APA
players?) you'd have to begin to question his claims.

The guy is obviously an attention whore and not terribly interested in keeping his identity
on the low down.

I thought he said he makes $112k, and $6-8k a year in action ? And no idea , guess he really doesn't like the A PA LOL?

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best way to get a game in a strange poolroom is to have a couple APA patches on your jacket, put 3 fingered gloves on both hands and stand the chalk on the floor and spin your cue into it. Put it back on your magnetic belt clip when done. Between shots, rotate the cue in the air like an airplane propeller. Your accessories should include a bottle of baby powder and some sort of cue holding device that clips to a nearby table. If your tip gets worn down, the counter has some of those screw on tips for quick replacement.

I hear ya. This is after my time. In my day (70s), nothing was stronger than my powder blue aluminum cue. It got it done every time! I even had a plaid umbrella sleeve that I used to transport the cue. I was talked to and treated like an absolute sucker.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Can barely close the wallet today 34 twenty dollar bills and a couple hundreds. A problem guys like Saran Wrap will never understand.

I think you just ratted on yourself.....you don't gamble that much.
....gamblers don't put their money in a wallet.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Piss off Skippy
I'd run you over on a pool table.

Bar box APA pool is a joke. You are playing a game that's like comparing checkers to chess. It and you are a waste of time.

Poor thing. Did I hit a sore spot? GUESS that shows I am right.

Claim what you want but the stats don't support your claim that 9' is so much harder than barbox.

I'll be over here piss in off if you need me.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My only complaint about the APA is the blatant manipulation of handicaps. In my region, we have the same players chronically underrated for years. If you catch them at the bar over a few drinks, they'll admit they run up innings to keep their handicaps down.

I've seen no evidence that the national organization has any incentive to address this problem. It's sad because it poisons the system and discourages many players from participating.

IMO, each division should have a handicap committee of active high ranked players who report handicap manipulation to the LO. It would also be useful for players to use their phone to video matches where other players are manipulating the system.

The solution to cheating (yes, it is cheating) should be a temporary ban of the players involved. For chronic cheaters, a lifetime ban should be in order.

I like the APA and will probably re-join after a hiatus of about ten years. For full disclosure, I'm a 7 in 8 Ball and an 8 in 9 Ball.

First off, if there is such a problem in your area then your area allows it by not keeping score like they should. So that is on all of you, not the APA.

I have seen several people raised at the national tournament. Last year a team from my local bar had players raised and had to shoot 3 players as they had 2 raised and they could not meet the caps.

Their formula is not perfect but when it was posted people that understand them said it was one of the better ones they have seen. Unfortunately you will always have morons that try to work the system.