Annoying Chalkers... Comments?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
None of the above bothers me.

What bothers me is stupid people who put the chalk down where the actual chalk gets on the rail.

How freakin stupid do you have to be?

UGH

Ken

I have a couple guys on my Sunday nite league who do this, not only put the chalk upside down but they also feel the need to tap the chalk on the rail like they have to clean out the dust from the hole. Add to this the guy who has to powder his hand up to his elbow, BETWEEN INNINGS!!, it just makes a huge mess of the table. I am not sure if they are blind or not, but one would think they can see the mess they are making and maybe just change some of their habits a little but so far this does not appear to be the case. When it is my turn to play I just grab my micro fiber towel and wipe down the rails and the cloth, one guy suggested that the dirty table must really bother me, I told him I would just rather prefer not to have a blue shaft on my cue.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about the guy that chalks his cue and then either blows on the tip or taps it on the rail to get rid of the chalk? :grin:

Best,
Mike

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
The sounds of a pool hall are music to my ears. The clicking of the balls, the whack of the break, even the squeaky chalker. Music to my ears.

What I HATE are screaming drunks and KRAP Rap music being played on a juke at a loud volume.
That about covers it for me....

Vegas Al

Registered
Our Tuesday night league coincides with darts night. It's bad enough that those people are loud enough for both leagues but what really bothers me is when they make their way to the bathrooms at the end of the hall and walk around,in front of and INTO you as your trying to shoot. Very annoying.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after playing in bars most of my life nothing bothers me anymore. :grin-square:

well ...except for my own lousy playing.:(

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about the guy that chalks his cue and then either blows on the tip or taps it on the rail to get rid of the chalk? :grin:

Best,
Mike

I laugh every time I see someone do this...Especially when they miscue right after and then complain about shitty chalk lol

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Dechaine is an annoying chalker. Corey is a driller. Both these guys baffle me when they chalk because I don't see anyone else do it like that.

I love wachting Corey play, his drilling is a bit unorthodox but Dechaine is worse. Come to think of it everything he does annoys me. His smug look, his cocky strut around the table, the way he chalks, his posture, his antics and complaining.. did I leave anything out?

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love wachting Corey play, his drilling is a bit unorthodox but Dechaine is worse. Come to think of it everything he does annoys me. His smug look, his cocky strut around the table, the way he chalks, his posture, his antics and complaining.. did I leave anything out?

You left out the fact that he isn't even that good.

Str8PoolMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Admitting one's sin is the first step towards salvation...

1. I am a driller. I try not to be, but it is something that's become ingrained in my routine between shots. I can't seem to think without chalking my cue incessantly.

2. Upside down chalk: Used to annoy me quite a bit. Now I just think it's a stupid thing to do.

3. Removing excess chalk (blowing or tapping cue on rail): I actually read in a billiard book (can't recall which one) that you are supposed to do this. Well, not tap the cue on the rail, but remove excess chalk from the tip. Then, I saw a billiard broadcast where Alan Hopkins was providing commentary and stated that the only way to get too much chalk on a cue tip was to glue it there. I don't know which I believe, but I never blow on the tip or do anything else to remove chalk.

4. Powder room: I tend to powder my hands a lot while playing. But that's because my hands sweat quite a bit. However, I never leave a "cloud" around me or turn the felt white as some do.

There is not much that bothers me while playing pool. It is as close to heaven as I can get on this earth.

clydeNbonnie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love to drill and I love to tap. I also like my shaft dirty. Every now and then it gets cleaned. But 99.9% of the time it is blue real blue. As far as chalk goes I used to be a master hater but that changed when I got married.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I love to drill and I love to tap. I also like my shaft dirty. Every now and then it gets cleaned. But 99.9% of the time it is blue real blue. As far as chalk goes I used to be a master hater but that changed when I got married.

Ahhhh..... married.
You are fine, Sir. I can not fault you.
<w> That would be someone else's job.

Bless your squeaking blue master shaft tapping soul. Drink a beer and tell a teen aged boy he is really a male of the species and should stop looking like he wants to be a girl that looks like she/he/it fell down a flight of stairs while holding their grandpa's tackle box and threaten him with a magnet and suspenders.

Lesh

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate when players have to get down on their object ball first. Like they are going to shoot it but I know they are just finding their aiming point. I don't mind on some shots but some guys do it on every shot. Drives me crazy.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
The sounds of a pool hall are music to my ears. The clicking of the balls, the whack of the break, even the squeaky chalker. Music to my ears.

What I HATE are screaming drunks and KRAP Rap music being played on a juke at a loud volume.

agreed, but I love me some hip-hop while I play! I love all types of music, except for new country music. The one type of music I HATE to listen to while playing is anything slow and/or depressing. Most newer R&B makes me want to punch small children...

any way, I love all the sound of the pool hall, even the squeaky chalk!

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i hate it when you are on a table with just one or 2 pieces of chalk, and everytime the other guy misses the first thing he does is picks up the chalk and walks off with it.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine
Squeaky Chalk
Chalk Drillers
Blowing the chalk off the tip
Tapping the shaft on the rail to get the chalk off

And of course... Mountains of hand chalk
MichaelBoltonTonyMontanaCocaine.jpg