Another Becue Review

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Frank, have you tried the same shots with a Revo cue? Just curious as to the difference or similarities?

JoeyA

Wow....don't think I could write a better review than HawaiianEye

I had a very similar experience.Probably the most pure 'hit' I have ever felt.
I bought mine at the SBE....I do not play with a glove and that was a problem using the 5.1 shaft ( their original ). I received the Prime shaft and tried it out the other day. I set up a straight-in from corner to corner...stop shots , follow , draw from 5-6 diamonds...all very solid and excellent feel.

And just as reported, more power with less force. I also got the extension and it fits perfectly.

The attention to detail and precision engineering is amazing in this cue.

And to top it off , Alessandro is extremely nice and responds quickly. I look forward to more from Becue and wish them much success.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frank, have you tried the same shots with a Revo cue? Just curious as to the difference or similarities?

JoeyA

I bought this Becue off my friend who had a REVO also. I didn't try them on the same day and can't say that I shot similar shots, but I'm sure I probably did.

With that said, the REVO didn't impress me as much as the Becue did. I liked the taper on the REVO better than the conical taper of the Becue 5.1 shaft, but I liked the hit of the Becue better. I think the Becue may hit differently because the entire cue is made of carbon fiber, not just the shaft.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Excellent. Thanks!
JoeyA

I bought this Becue off my friend who had a REVO also. I didn't try them on the same day and can't say that I shot similar shots, but I'm sure I probably did.

With that said, the REVO didn't impress me as much as the Becue did. I liked the taper on the REVO better than the conical taper of the Becue 5.1 shaft, but I liked the hit of the Becue better. I think the Becue may hit differently because the entire cue is made of carbon fiber, not just the shaft.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dark Matter

I see they are coming out with a break cue called Dark Matter. I just placed an order as it seems they will be available in a couple weeks. Excited to try this baby out!

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know if I can be of help. I will be on the road later this month. I will have both Becue Shafts, the Dart Matter break cue and the extension to demo. Birmingham Alabama Oct 30 - November 2 then North Alabama (Decatur area) and then Louisville KY area for the 6th Nov.

Ricky Bryant
USABecueOfficial@gmail.com or you can message me here or on FaceBook

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
I have only tried the first revo ( maybe 12.9mm ? ), did not get the same action on the cue ball .
I thought it felt kind of hollow compared to the becue, I have not tried the 12.4 and usually prefer 12.5mm or less
That and the taper is why i prefer the Prime shaft

JoeyA

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many nice comments on the Becue.

Hoping for a holiday sale or something in time for Christmas...lol

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the look of this cue. The elegant black and white make for some clean lines...looks almost...elegant might be the word I am looking for...

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the look of this cue. The elegant black and white make for some clean lines...looks almost...elegant might be the word I am looking for...

This is the model I have...the plain one. I also have the case and the weight bolts. Got it off a friend of mine. The 5.1 (conical taper) shaft that he got with it was customized...31 inches. I don't have the extension.

I just got the new Prime (pro taper) shaft for it and it is 29 inches.

Attachments

• becue2.jpg
    becue2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,125
Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the model I have...the plain one. I also have the case and the weight bolts. Got it off a friend of mine. The5.1 (conical taper) shaft that he got with it was customized...31 inches.

I just got the new Prime (pro taper) shaft for it and it is 29 inches.

nice set up
cant wait to hear the review/comparison of the 2 shafts the same length and same tip
:thumbup:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
case design looks more louis vuitton than pool

where's the protection?

Protection from what?

I carry the cue from my house to the pool hall.

I don't put it in situations where it needs a lot of protection. I'm more worried about somebody stealing my stuff than breaking it.

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try it out

If anyone is interested I have a BeCue package; naked cue, extra shaft, Pandora case and joint protectors. Looks like Hawaiian Eyes set up for sale, without weight system.

you are correct rhatten: It does not have the weight bolt system, or Prime shaft or the extension. Hawaiian Eyes seems to have ALL the goodies!

It has two 5.1 shafts each at 29"

Thanks for clarifying that for me Randy.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=461633

Regards

Dave

Last edited:

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And to top it off , Alessandro is extremely nice and responds quickly. I look forward to more from Becue and wish them much success.

...and that's an understatement. Alessandro is extremely accommodating, I had nothing but positive experience going back and forth with him on different BeCue-related matters. I actually had a malfunction of my BeCue extension at one point - Alessandro and the crew took care of it right away without any hassle. What they lack in marketing at the moment, they more than make up in customer service, which is second to none, in my opinion.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played about 10 hours again today with the Becue and Prime shaft and I'll say AGAIN...there ISN'T another cue made that hits any BETTER than THIS cue.

I let three or four people try it out and they ALL raved about the hit and how there is no vibrations to feel. They were all amazed at how easy it was to move the cue ball.

The low deflection of the shaft makes it easy to "hold the line" when using inside English. Inside will usually deflect out a bit and then come back into line, hopefully, but this cue keeps the cue ball "on line" the entire track. I still say it is like a "point and shoot" cue. It pretty much does what you want it to do. Of course, you have to know what you are doing, but it is much easier with this cue.

If I had to rate this cue in three words, it would be:

Precision, power, and performance.

It isn't going to turn a banger into a ball running machine, but I think any proficient player could grab this cue and within an hour they will be shooting as well with this cue as they do their own and I would expect them to maybe even do better.

I'm not going to tell everybody to rush out and buy one, but I would suggest that you try one out if you get the chance. You WILL NOT find ANY cue that hits MORE solid than this one does...at least not one made of wood.

I haven't tried using this shaft without a glove, but I think the finish would require you to powder up if you didn't. The painted finish has a bit more resistance than a slick wooden shaft.

I like the way the Ultra-skin soft tips play and perform, but I think they get a bit glazed easier than the G-2 soft tips do. I will have to remember to scuff them up every once in a while to keep them "soft" on the edges.

I got my 5.1 shaft back today with the new Ultra-skin soft on it, but I was shooting so good with the Prime shaft that I didn't want to quit shooting to do a comparison. That will have to come later now.

I'm waiting for JoeyA to get a chance to play with one, so we can hear what he thinks about it. I'm confident that any A-player would appreciate just how solid and consistent these cues play.

JoeyA

Silver Member
If Ricky passes near me, I will definitely be trying it out.

I like what most of the Becue users have said about it. It sounds great.

JoeyA

I played about 10 hours again today with the Becue and Prime shaft and I'll say AGAIN...there ISN'T another cue made that hits any BETTER than THIS cue.

I let three or four people try it out and they ALL raved about the hit and how there is no vibrations to feel. They were all amazed at how easy it was to move the cue ball.

The low deflection of the shaft makes it easy to "hold the line" when using inside English. Inside will usually deflect out a bit and then come back into line, hopefully, but this cue keeps the cue ball "on line" the entire track. I still say it is like a "point and shoot" cue. It pretty much does what you want it to do. Of course, you have to know what you are doing, but it is much easier with this cue.

If I had to rate this cue in three words, it would be:

Precision, power, and performance.

It isn't going to turn a banger into a ball running machine, but I think any proficient player could grab this cue and within an hour they will be shooting as well with this cue as they do their own and I would expect them to maybe even do better.

I'm not going to tell everybody to rush out and buy one, but I would suggest that you try one out if you get the chance. You WILL NOT find ANY cue that hits MORE solid than this one does...at least not one made of wood.

I haven't tried using this shaft without a glove, but I think the finish would require you to powder up if you didn't. The painted finish has a bit more resistance than a slick wooden shaft.

I like the way the Ultra-skin soft tips play and perform, but I think they get a bit glazed easier than the G-2 soft tips do. I will have to remember to scuff them up every once in a while to keep them "soft" on the edges.

I got my 5.1 shaft back today with the new Ultra-skin soft on it, but I was shooting so good with the Prime shaft that I didn't want to quit shooting to do a comparison. That will have to come later now.

I'm waiting for JoeyA to get a chance to play with one, so we can hear what he thinks about it. I'm confident that any A-player would appreciate just how solid and consistent these cues play.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bump for Becue.

People keep telling me that they like their Becues, so it can't be just me.