Another controversy with Mike Dechaine. This is beyond imagination...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Templates are not new anymore. They have been around for about 8 years. Promoters, TD's and refs need to get off their asses and make a rule, "Template Must Be Taken Off Table Right After Break and set somewhere away from the table...and enforce it. It seems no one wants to confront players about rules. Johnnyt

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Templates are not new anymore. They have been around for about 8 years. Promoters, TD's and refs need to get off their asses and make a rule, "Template Must Be Taken Off Table Right After Break and set somewhere away from the table...and enforce it. It seems no one wants to confront players about rules. Johnnyt

Works for me....why complicate things?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Andrew,

When the template is used, as long as it stays in the original spot, all current governing groups agree it is part of the playing surface. Once it has been removed from the playing surface, it becomes a foreign object no different than a piece of chalk, a rack or pocket marker :eek: .If the cue ball strikes the now rack as it travels against the rail it is a foul. Period. If the players don't like the rule, have the governing body change it. JMHO.

Lyn

It's a stupid rule imo. If it's insignificant enough not to make a difference after the break, it won't make a difference when it's moved. But because pool is pool, next year they will play by a different format with different equipment so it really doesn't matter. Regardless, the crowd can just tell the TD it was a foul anyway lol

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I'll get on it right away. Can you send me the number to the governing body?

Do you really need the number for the WPA or BCAPL or USAPL or CSI or or? I would think someone of your stature in the pool world would have them close at hand! I also appreciate you getting right on it. Pretty sure others would agree :grin: .Don't like the rule either. As it is the rule in use, guess I'll just have to abide by it. For the time being of course :thumbup: .

Lyn

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
It's a stupid rule imo. If it's insignificant enough not to make a difference after the break, it won't make a difference when it's moved. But because pool is pool, next year they will play by a different format with different equipment so it really doesn't matter. Regardless, the crowd can just tell the TD it was a foul anyway lol

Frankly I think it's a stupid rule the nine ball counts on the break. Regardless of which pocket it goes in. It is called nine ball after all. Sure takes a lot of talent to make it on the break! Don't think they are going to change the rule anytime soon so I won't hold my breath.

Lyn

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

Just so you know, twice while I was watching the stream a ball rolled significantly off after crossing over the template. Once a cue ball another time an object ball.