another cue identity help--appreciated--

ryker

didn't won't to get into someone else's--would appreciated help on this cue--where? or who? or company?
only markings on it are hand written small letter on one side with "Super Prestige". Thanks if you can help.
DSCF0292.JPG
DSCF0301.JPG
DSCF0326.JPG
DSCF0321.JPG

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe post a picture of those marking also. The bumper is interesting, looks old but the design and stain looks recent.

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...would appreciated help on this cue--where? or who?...

Sir.
Just throwing a guess out there.
Helmstetter?
That Adam/Helmstetter name combo?
Built late 80’s?
Those sticks all had a 5/18 18tpi pin.
I’ve seen that interesting bumper used by Adam?

ryker

well I take back what I said, on looking closer at this, the marking of Super Prestige is definitely not hand written,
but maybe stencil. Sorry for the bad shot, all I could get with that little camera.
DSCF0335.JPG

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
From your picture is the white linen wrap slightly larger than the handle?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't think it's k-mart 92--picked it up at a hall in Japan while there in mid-80's

That would have helped a bit here, more info is better than less info. . Then it's probably an Adam. Which it seems other have said.
Half of my job in IT is getting the information I need painfully one syllable at a time from people that seem to think they are talking to an IRS interrogator. If you know where and when the cue was purchased that is a pretty big clue where it was made. "Why did it take you 3 days to fix this? Well boss the first day I was trying to untangle what the issue was from the helpdesk and the end user comments, then when I figured out they broke 2 more things and the issue was not what they said it took another day to find who to talk to that has the right information, and then it took another day of digging through one word replies from that person to finally find out that they had the Caps lock key on when trying to logon"

SlateMan

Registered
That would have helped a bit here, more info is better than less info. . Then it's probably an Adam. Which it seems other have said.
Half of my job in IT is getting the information I need painfully one syllable at a time from people that seem to think they are talking to an IRS interrogator. If you know where and when the cue was purchased that is a pretty big clue where it was made. "Why did it take you 3 days to fix this? Well boss the first day I was trying to untangle what the issue was from the helpdesk and the end user comments, then when I figured out they broke 2 more things and the issue was not what they said it took another day to find who to talk to that has the right information, and then it took another day of digging through one word replies from that person to finally find out that they had the Caps lock key on when trying to logon"
Ah the old ID ten "T" error...

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not an Adam. 'Elite' comes to mind. [edit] Or It could be an Adam, but I don't recall seeing that one. So maybe? Adam made some Prestige carom cues but those were a more modern design and usually had a joint like the Viking Super Joint only in wood rather than metal. I must admit the build style looks very Adam.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry took so long to reply--my time left is limited and I have had a lot of Dr.s appointment.
reason not to give that info. up front-I at first usually don't--that way the answer that comes back is not prejudiced by information given--but by what is seen and the response is usually pretty close because of what the person can see. In this case.. Other times, it probably would not and does not work, as in a identity of say a computer chip. Thanks for everyone who responded
Word salad.