Another great CASE of modification with John Barton...

sygfrid

alaskador
Silver Member
I got home at 2:30am this morning of June 7 from more than a 12-hour duty, when my stress disappeared as I found a tall box waiting in front of our bedroom. I have been waiting since the start of this year for this day to arrive...

(Sorry, the pics aren’t that clear since I had no time to adjust the settings & stuff for the perfect shot... I was already too tired yet excited)

What’s in the travel case that was bubble wrapped & boxed?
Whatsinthecase.jpg

What’s in the padded bag that was in the travel case which had been wrapped & boxed?
WHatsinthecaseofthecase.jpg

It’s a modified 3x5 Brown Wave Case!
Protectorbagforthecase-1.jpg

Ultra-padded protection
Ultrapaddedprotection.jpg

Looks like real leather, it even smells like one!
Lookslikeeralleather.jpg

Detachable jump cue pouch
Detachablejumppouch.jpg

Jump Cue pouch attached
Jumppouchattached.jpg

The “modified” travel case
Full3cases.jpg

Can fit not only 1 or 2, but up to 3 cases! Note that I have 3x5, 3x6, & 4x8 JB cases inside! The single-case travel bag can be expanded for 2 cases with a 180deg pull of the zipper, and 3 cases with 360deg pull!
upto3cases.jpg

Can be secured with a travel padlock
Fitstravelpadlock.jpg

I would like to thank John & Karen Barton for always accommodating my special requests for modifications since 2008...

A little background on this project: I wanted to see the kind of vinyl that JB was saying that's indistinguishable with the real leather since I'd like to see if I can go eco-friendly. Moreover, I also wanted to see if the idea of an expandable travel bag for cue cases, just like with other travel luggages, is possible.

I was surprised with the high quality vinyl being used as it really looks like real leather. I was even happier with how the expandable travel case worked out so well to transform from a single case carrier into 2 then 3-case bag! I hope this will be part of JB's regular lineup. Moreover, the padded bag for the cue case is a great added protection against impact, as well as dust & dirt, for the main case (as you can see, this is how John is committed in providing great protection, not only for the cues, but also for your prized cue cases as well)

Keep it up John & Karen! It’s always a pleasure working with you guys! I think it's time to finalize my very own Custom JB Custom Case!

Great job as always!

-Sygfrid Santos

sygfrid

alaskador
Silver Member
Django likes it!

I was in Superbowl Bowling & Billiards Center by Puyat Sports last week, and DJANGO Bustamante walked up to me and asked about these cases, especially the Travel Case since it's so big & roomy. I told him he can get one via the Internet

I truly love this travel case! Aside from my cue case, I can also put so many extra things inside like camera, umbrella, etc. If I go out of town, I can already use it as a luggage together with my cue case. It's also a good case to lay my cues onto if I get a table which is far away from tables or corners.

Thanks again John & Karen for such a great product!:thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I was in Superbowl Bowling & Billiards Center by Puyat Sports last week, and DJANGO Bustamante walked up to me and asked about these cases, especially the Travel Case since it's so big & roomy. I told him he can get one via the Internet

I truly love this travel case! Aside from my cue case, I can also put so many extra things inside like camera, umbrella, etc. If I go out of town, I can already use it as a luggage together with my cue case. It's also a good case to lay my cues onto if I get a table which is far away from tables or corners.

Thanks again John & Karen for such a great product!:thumbup:

Actually Busty can just get in touch with me and I will hook him up. He was one of the first pros I ever sponsored with my cases way back when I was making them in my basement storage closet in Koblenz Germany. Someday I will find my picture album of him and the case.

Thanks for the story! And also thanks for the idea to make the expandable travel bag.

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
Thread moved to "Cue & Case Gallery" where is seems to be more appropriate. There should be ONE thread per product in the review sections.