ANOTHER MID-90''s BLAST FROM THE PAST

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(l - r) - "Puzzle [for Maurits]", "Serpentes", "Golden Tuxedo", and two from my "Hardwood Series":

IMG0019_zpsysosr0cd.jpg

TW

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the base wood in the Golden Tuxedo?

Some kind of bird's-eye/curly figured wood from Ceylon (I think). Back in the day I used to go on "buying trips" specifically to find unusual stuff - forget eBay, there wasn't even an internet in those days. I didn't worry too much about the names of specific woods as much as I cared about what the individual pieces I was buying looked like. Besides, there were a couple of species I "re-named", just to throw the other guys off the scent. I figured it they were too lazy to go buy wood in person, why should I help them know what to ask their suppliers for over the phone?

Not sure, but I think I got this piece from Gulab Gidwani - which would indicate it came from his homeland or there abouts. It looked a lot like Bird's-eye-maple until it was sanded and polished - at which point it took on a yellowish-golden glow that is really kind of amazing. Wish I had a rack full of the stuff now, but I doubt I can even find a scrap left out in the shop.

TW

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outstanding

Outstanding Cues Mr. Wayne. A friend of mine just picked up one of your Northwest cues and let me hit some balls with it I loved the feel and hit of the cue.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really like the snake skeleton with snakeskin cue. That is very unique and very cool looking.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Some kind of bird's-eye/curly figured wood from Ceylon (I think). Back in the day I used to go on "buying trips" specifically to find unusual stuff - forget eBay, there wasn't even an internet in those days. I didn't worry too much about the names of specific woods as much as I cared about what the individual pieces I was buying looked like. Besides, there were a couple of species I "re-named", just to throw the other guys off the scent. I figured it they were too lazy to go buy wood in person, why should I help them know what to ask their suppliers for over the phone?

Not sure, but I think I got this piece from Gulab Gidwani - which would indicate it came from his homeland or there abouts. It looked a lot like Bird's-eye-maple until it was sanded and polished - at which point it took on a yellowish-golden glow that is really kind of amazing. Wish I had a rack full of the stuff now, but I doubt I can even find a scrap left out in the shop.

TW

That really is amazing wood, is that one long piece or 3 separate pieces?

Gorgeous, either way

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
All the cues are amazing but that snake cue is one of the sweetest cues I've seen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
All the cues are amazing but that snake cue is one of the sweetest cues I've seen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you like THAT cue, you need to see some of the other work Thomas has done... I'll compare it to brightness.. If to you Serpentes is the sun, you're gonna need some stronger sunglasses..:wink:

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I would like to see the Disintegrating Cue. That one is off the wall.

One of my favorite TW cue designs.

Rick

Last edited:

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thomas Wayne Cues

Thomas has been and continues to be a terrific inspiration to all of cuemaking on many different levels - from creation of CNC machinery, to very artistic design work and well ahead of the curve on execution . . . strange that the ACA has not inducted him in the the HOF (yet?!) - but soon I hope - an honor well deserved !!

pfd

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thomas has been and continues to be a terrific inspiration to all of cuemaking on many different levels - from creation of CNC machinery, to very artistic design work and well ahead of the curve on execution . . . strange that the ACA has not inducted him in the the HOF (yet?!) - but soon I hope - an honor well deserved !!

pfd

Actually, I think there's a black letter exclusion for insufferable pr*cks, regardless of career achievement.

TW

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Thomas, You deserve the honor and they should man up and induct you.

TW will end up in the BCA Hall of Fame without a doubt. Just look at his body of his work.

BCA Hall of Fame is Top of Heap. The other two are great honors for sure.

JMHO,

Rick

willpat100

Registered
Thomas Wayne

Does anyone know of a way to contact Mr. Wayne I have one of his cues I bought back in the mid 1990's and would like for him to refinish it.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited: