Antique Madison

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how to put photos here, but the pockets on my table don't fit tight to the top of my rails, I have taken some pictures, if someone could send me their email so that I can send the pictures I would like your opinion on what I can do, it does not effect play, but just looks like something is wrong, my email is poolandpokerman@yahoo.com

scruffy1

Silver Member
Someone at some point probaly replaced the pockets. While you have number six pockets, they may not be antique number sixes. Modern sixes
will work on a antique but they are slightly smaller and you will have small
gaps beteeen the rail and pocket.Most people do not know of this older iron.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
scruffy1 said:
Someone at some point probaly replaced the pockets. While you have number six pockets, they may not be antique number sixes. Modern sixes
will work on a antique but they are slightly smaller and you will have small
gaps beteeen the rail and pocket.Most people do not know of this older iron.
100 percent correct, and I know of someone who has the antique pocket irons, but they're NOT cheap. Call Kerry at "A better billiards service" in New Mexico, his number is 505-644-4699

Glen

Tom334

Restored 1913 Jefferson
Silver Member
I have 6 irons from Classic Billiards that were on their pockets when I bought them. I put the leather on my original irons. I have no idea if these are any better than what you have, or what they are worth. Anyone know if these are any better and what they're worth??? Make me an offer and they?re yours.... I have no need for them and would love to get something for them....

http://www.classicbilliards.net/html/AntiquePoolTablePartsProducts.cfm?img=BBC_BR6.jpg&item=BBC/BR6%20(Set%20of%206)&price=$320.00&Shipping=20&Desc=Brunswick%20Balke%20Collender%20imprinted%20pockets%20(Number%206%20irons)