Any Female cue makers out there?

Eddie May

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Subject pretty much says it all. My Girlfriend recently won the APA all women's event, and as a gift I would like to have a cue made for her. She also runs an all women's pool league in the Chicago area, and is very proud of the great stuff she does for women in the pool scene. It would be very fitting for me to find a woman who does great cue work. After a quick search all I am finding is Annie Meyers, who has passed. I imagine there has to be some other ladies out there doing bad ass cue work. Any help would be great!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i believe andy gilbert's wife helps him make cues.
maybe you could talk her into making one for your wife.
laura/laurie? at southwest comes to mind.
i hope your wife is young as it could take 10-20 years to get a cue.... :eek:

Last edited:

Eddie May

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, we won't be waiting for a SW. We also live in the Midwest and their cues don't hold up the best here. Thank you for the info!

Reactions: bbb

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Subject pretty much says it all. My Girlfriend recently won the APA all women's event, and as a gift I would like to have a cue made for her. She also runs an all women's pool league in the Chicago area, and is very proud of the great stuff she does for women in the pool scene. It would be very fitting for me to find a woman who does great cue work. After a quick search all I am finding is Annie Meyers, who has passed. I imagine there has to be some other ladies out there doing bad ass cue work. Any help would be great!
Annie O was a great cuemaker but was not born a biological female.
Several wives of cuemakers have excelled at inlay work. Gilbert, Schrager and Drexler to name a few. Not many women seem all that interested in the whole spectrum of cue building so far. I know a few that do repairs themselves.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, we won't be waiting for a SW. We also live in the Midwest and their cues don't hold up the best here. Thank you for the info!

Are you saying SW cues can’t handle the weather difference between Las Vegas and IL?

Last edited:

tomatoetom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Theres a girl in wash st. that builds and repairs cues does nice work. her Name is Jessie is all I know. She is at all the BCA events in NW. I think she is in Federal Way , Wa.. Billiards 911

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Theres a girl in wash st. that builds and repairs cues does nice work. her Name is Jessie is all I know. She is at all the BCA events in NW. I think she is in Federal Way , Wa.. Billiards 911
Maybe one of the ladies at Billiards and Beads.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can't find a woman to make the whole cue, i think anyone would be glad to have one with Sandra Brady's scrimshaw work.
IIRC, there's another female scrimsahw artist who is also well known for cue work?

tomatoetom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiards 911 is the name of business. Jessie is her name

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Since when does being in the midwest hurt a southwest? I know of quite a few that are 20+ years old and are perfectly fine.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
i believe andy gilbert's wife helps him make cues.
maybe you could talk her into making one for your wife.
laura/laurie? at southwest comes to mind.
i hope your wife is young as it could take 10-20 years to get a cue.... :eek:
My wife does my inlays.