Any New Info On The HD From TAR?

On Facebook, Justin said the link will be up on Thursday. If I remember correctly, he also said it will be available in 720P HD, and there will be a fourth camera angle looking across the table in line with the side pockets.
 
Last edited:
I guesstimate TAR could sell an extra 20% of PPV's if they put up the link to buy the PPV when they anounce the match.
It really puts me on tilt they might not succeed long term because of something so basic.

gr. Dave
 
I guesstimate TAR could sell an extra 20% of PPV's if they put up the link to buy the PPV when they anounce the match.
It really puts me on tilt they might not succeed long term because of something so basic.

gr. Dave

I believe that the web site they use for payments charges by the day...I don't know how much. Johnnyt
 
I believe that the web site they use for payments charges by the day...I don't know how much. Johnnyt

I don't think so....Justin is probably waiting on both guys to show and and make sure the match is on before going through all the trouble of possibly crediting a few hundred early purchasers if something comes up. Remember Dippy vs Bartman match?

I also bet (just a guess) that he doesn't get all the money back from the provider and thus it doesn't pay to go in early (just guess).

Nick
 
I don't think so....Justin is probably waiting on both guys to show and and make sure the match is on before going through all the trouble of possibly crediting a few hundred early purchasers if something comes up. Remember Dippy vs Bartman match?

Johnnyt
 
I guesstimate TAR could sell an extra 20% of PPV's if they put up the link to buy the PPV when they anounce the match.
It really puts me on tilt they might not succeed long term because of something so basic.

gr. Dave

The reason the PPV link doesn't go up sooner is that if any anything changes at all I have to refund everyone who bought early and they have to buy again. Once the PPV session is set that's it there is no editing it. I have put up the PPV early in the week a few times and the early buyers were not enough to even notice. Less than 20.

Personally I never buy anything a long time before I know I am going to watch it. The way I do it now saves the time of answering the inevitable "I bought the PPV but I have to wash my hair that night please refund me" emails.

I do need to get some more info up for people who haven't bought before as to when the PPV links go up. I've been in the weeds working out the kinks of the new system and will work on that in the future.
 
Hi Justin,

I am only saying this because I would like you to succeed, not to be a pain in the ass.

Maybe not the greatest analogy, but a fair one nonetheless are tournaments.
Just about every big tournament opens up registration when they announce the tournament.
They do not refund when the races change from 6 to 8 or the tourney starts an hour earlier.

As such anything but dramatic changes should not affect allready purchased ppv's.
I am not talking about putting up links a few days earlier, but on the day you announce
the match which can be weeks ahead.

Please refund because I need to wash my hair? Does that work with UFC?
If not it should not work with TAR. How one does things personally and how
the general public behaves are 2 separate things.

I am sure there are many more or less valid reasons why you do not put up
the ppv links earlier,
just like there are many reasons more or less valid why matches don't happen at all.

In the long run, keep plugging away and the matches will happen, even if it is a lot of work.
Put up the links straight away and more sales will be made, even if it is alot of work.

Wishing you nothing but the best.

gr. Dave

p.s. Starting at least one of the days a little earlier so some of us Euro boys can watch
live might be good too for sales, but I am not sure on that one.

The reason the PPV link doesn't go up sooner is that if any anything changes at all I have to refund everyone who bought early and they have to buy again. Once the PPV session is set that's it there is no editing it. I have put up the PPV early in the week a few times and the early buyers were not enough to even notice. Less than 20.

Personally I never buy anything a long time before I know I am going to watch it. The way I do it now saves the time of answering the inevitable "I bought the PPV but I have to wash my hair that night please refund me" emails.

I do need to get some more info up for people who haven't bought before as to when the PPV links go up. I've been in the weeds working out the kinks of the new system and will work on that in the future.
 
Hi Justin,

I am only saying this because I would like you to succeed, not to be a pain in the ass.

Maybe not the greatest analogy, but a fair one nonetheless are tournaments.
Just about every big tournament opens up registration when they announce the tournament.
They do not refund when the races change from 6 to 8 or the tourney starts an hour earlier.

As such anything but dramatic changes should not affect allready purchased ppv's.
I am not talking about putting up links a few days earlier, but on the day you announce
the match which can be weeks ahead.

Please refund because I need to wash my hair? Does that work with UFC?
If not it should not work with TAR. How one does things personally and how
the general public behaves are 2 separate things.

I am sure there are many more or less valid reasons why you do not put up
the ppv links earlier,
just like there are many reasons more or less valid why matches don't happen at all.

In the long run, keep plugging away and the matches will happen, even if it is a lot of work.
Put up the links straight away and more sales will be made, even if it is alot of work.

Wishing you nothing but the best.

gr. Dave

p.s. Starting at least one of the days a little earlier so some of us Euro boys can watch
live might be good too for sales, but I am not sure on that one.

We start at 5PM local time now so we catch the east coast of the US at a decent hour as well. I dont think starting at noon or earlier would go over too well. Thats one of the reasons I loop the stream until two hours before the next days play begins. Its not a perfect solution by any means and ideally the match would be available on demand as soon as it ends live. At some point in the future that might be possible. I'll keep trying to improve and learn as we go along.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll consider posting the PPV the same time as the announcement but my gut tells me the juice isnt worth the squeeze. Might try it anyway just to see.
 
Back
Top