Anybody have problems shooting with glasses?

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing pool with my glasses for years with no issue after I learned to bend my knees when I'm down on my shot. I used to have the snooker stand where my leg is straight and fixed when I'm down on a shot and I can't seem to get down any lower which affected my peripheral view. Once I learned to bend my knees, my peripheral view improved and I had no problem with seeing the long shot and my glasses became a non issue. By bending you knees, your view is more level with the table and you're no longer looking down at the table from an angle view but looking straight across the table. Try it and you're be amazed how your view will be improved when you eye are level with the table. Watch the stand used by Earl and Reyes.

Regards,
Duc.

Last edited:

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't play without them. I have contacts but they dry out in the smoke. Also have astigmatism and that contact will spin in my right eye and make it blurry.

EagleMan

Banned
I can't play without them. I have contacts but they dry out in the smoke. Also have astigmatism and that contact will spin in my right eye and make it blurry.

Not to hijack the thread but new research suggests that second hand smoke is even worse than earlier thought.

New research published just a few months ago in the American Journal of Public Health (citing research done at U.C. Berkeley and other universities) showed that secondary smoke:

A. Was more certainly implicated in various diseases and deaths than earlier thought.

B. That deaths from eschemic heart disease were lower than thought but DOUBLE for lung cancer deaths.

Don't mean to preach.

I'm just sayin'

(-:

EagleMan

ballston

Registered
Another alternative is snooker glasses from spex4less.com. It's a British company. The service was very good and the glasses were shipped in a matter of days. I use 'em everytime I shoot.