Anyone convert a Diamond light to LED

JZMechanix

Silver Member
I've done it to a few.
I remove the old fixtures and rewire the new bulbs. LED's don't use a ballast.
I bought the bulbs on Amazon. They aren't cheap but they are brighter and use half the electricity and last for a long time.
Make sure you get the frosted bulbs. The clear ones leave shadows really bad.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my table set up and need to hang the light. Considering converting to LED's myself.....

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy Carmichael of Tulsa, Ok dis that for his Pool Room, Magoos & other folks. Makes a good light GREAT...

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my table set up and need to hang the light. Considering converting to LED's myself.....

I have a 7foot diamond table and with 5foot diamond light
I converted to3 led 1100lums bright 11inch round 90watt equivalent uses 15w lasts 45 years !
get one saying bright ones and just wire together inside light and put one cord / plug on them! I used the bright white round ones just check out light output on boxes .

You can also get 4 foot long led lights for larger lights . I prefer no tubes style type leds made flat with built in driver.again get bright or daylight 6500k
just put in a switch controlled receptacle or if want to use a wireless remote from home depot ,plug that into receptacle and then plug cord into, that easy!?
I just wired them together and ran 1 male 14 g plug cord to a switched receptacle.

they have cords at depot 9 feet ,14 gauge with grounded plug used for new dishwahers installation.$10 bucks

I hung light with thin aviation style steel ropes in corners with eye bolts , loop together one each< > side
then either put thru drywall and fasten or below with hooks depending on structure
I am not comfortable with LED conversion tubes do not recommend them.expensive and 2 many things can go wrong ?
There are a bunch of led type lights at HD for you to choose from and they are returnable ?
I work pt at HD and am a retired Master Electrician hope that helps?

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Gregory can make the conversion or build you
a really nice one
he built 2 for me and i liked them

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 7foot diamond table and with 5foot diamond light
I converted to3 led 1100lums bright 11inch round 90watt equivalent uses 15w lasts 45 years !
get one saying bright ones and just wire together inside light and put one cord / plug on them! I used the bright white round ones just check out light output on boxes .

You can also get 4 foot long led lights for larger lights . I prefer no tubes style type leds made flat with built in driver.again get bright or daylight 6500k
just put in a switch controlled receptacle or if want to use a wireless remote from home depot ,plug that into receptacle and then plug cord into, that easy!?
I just wired them together and ran 1 male 14 g plug cord to a switched receptacle.

they have cords at depot 9 feet ,14 gauge with grounded plug used for new dishwahers installation.$10 bucks

I hung light with thin aviation style steel ropes in corners with eye bolts , loop together one each< > side
then either put thru drywall and fasten or below with hooks depending on structure
I am not comfortable with LED conversion tubes do not recommend them.expensive and 2 many things can go wrong ?
There are a bunch of led type lights at HD for you to choose from and they are returnable ?
I work pt at HD and am a retired Master Electrician hope that helps?
Must be nice being retired with a Diamond table at home. How's that nice wife of yours doin'

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everybody here doing well. Moved closer to grandkids, blessed . Great fun memories of you, on team nights with that smelly cigar!
harry