Anyone have Pool or Billiard jewelry?

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Ring10012.jpg

Here is a 9-Ball pinky ring. 9 diamonds in rack, a diamond in each pocket, and a diamond for the cue ball. This was made by Greg Sullivan of Diamond Billiards fame.

middleofnowhere

Registered
View attachment 675671

Here is a 9-Ball pinky ring. 9 diamonds in rack, a diamond in each pocket, and a diamond for the cue ball. This was made by Greg Sullivan of Diamond Billiards fame.
Yup, I remember when he was selling pool jewelry. I'm talking like 40 years ago. I think I still have one of his brochures around somewhere. He used to come around with another guy whose name may have been Jones.

middleofnowhere

Registered
No, I got it when I bought the ring sometime in the 1980's. May I ask what you got for the brochure?
When eBay was new people paid all kinds of money for worthless stuff. I sold a letter I got from Burton Spain regarding building cues and the bid was over $200.00.

Tim Scruggs when he first started didn't have a brochure. This was before the net. He would send you photos of cues with hand written notes on the back and prices. I had a bunch and sold them on eBay. They bid over $400.00 them.

George Fels bought all my Johnston City stuff. I had listed one thing and he contacted me and wanted it all.
I think times have changed. People don't pay as much anymore.
eBay has shown that many things are not as rare as people once thought.

I forgot, to answer it was certainly more than it was worth. Maybe 20 or 30 dollars.

Last edited:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Back in the early 90's I bought a Sterling Greg Sullivan pendant,and had a couple of kinked up 14k herringbone chains.

One day I delivered lunch to a new custom jewelry shop in my hometown. After that conversation,I had him reproduce the Sullivan in 14k using my gold and the mold he made which was close but not exact for 100 bucks. I have worn it practically every time I leave the house,and certainly if going to a pool function since.

I had to have a new bale made for it a couple years ago,and he says he still has that mold,but all kinds of ways to make it even nicer than Greg's original stuff too. He's still open for business as of today. Tommy D.

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Back in the early 90's I bought a Sterling Greg Sullivan pendant,and had a couple of kinked up 14k herringbone chains.

One day I delivered lunch to a new custom jewelry shop in my hometown. After that conversation,I had him reproduce the Sullivan in 14k using my gold and the mold he made which was close but not exact for 100 bucks. I have worn it practically every time I leave the house,and certainly if going to a pool function since.

I had to have a new bale made for it a couple years ago,and he says he still has that mold,but all kinds of ways to make it even nicer than Greg's original stuff too. He's still open for business as of today. Tommy D.
got a pic??

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
For whatever reason this is the best pic I can get on my phone. Tommy D.

Attachments

• 0206231505.jpg
    0206231505.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 47