Anyone know this "wanna be"?

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to the best player to be a good teacher. Who knows he maybe a better instructor then he is a player. jmo

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Who is this guy in Charlotte, NC, that's giving pool lessons? He claims to be "certified", but from where and by whom? He's only a struggling "7" in the APA? I think I'd learn more by dropping a few hundred at $20 a game compared to hooking up with this guy. Any takers?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64926185347.2010867.1291792827&type=1&theater

Yes, because losing money always corrects flaws in your stroke, mechanics, PSR, stance, grip, eye alignment, etc. And when you lose, your opponent always points out the things you did wrong, and presents you with a video of you to show the problems so that you can beat him next time :rolleyes:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could learn a ton from a 7 in APA. That and APA is sandbag land so who knows what this guys real 'speed' is (as you guys call it).

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Well I know him....very well.

Howard Smith is a great Instructor. He is certified by the P.B.I.A and is a family member of the SPF Group.

To say he spends more time teaching than playing would be correct.

randyg

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure u can be a better instructor in Pool than you are a player. There are tons of golf instructors that can't break 75 but are still great instructors. Dont see why pool would be any different. If your watching any world beater play pool can u not actually describe the layout and pattern their going to take before they actually do it? I can.......that doesn't mean I could execute it. I'm pretty sure there are players that know every possible aspect of the game but can't put more than a 3 pack together or has never ran out in one hole. Just my opinion but yea I think u can be a great instructor and not a great player.
The highest paid golf instructor on the planet can barely break 80 but I'm sure it doesn't bother him on the way to the bank.......
No different for pool. JMHO:wink:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I know him....very well.

Howard Smith is a great Instructor. He is certified by the P.B.I.A and is a family member of the SPF Group.

To say he spends more time teaching than playing would be correct.

randyg

Ouch, and thats the name of that tune.