Anyone want to show me a few things?

mike253

Flash
Silver Member
I live in the Northern Virginia are and I'm looking for someone who's experienced to show me a few things (drills, things of that nature) My local hall is full of good players but they aren't interested in teaching, more in either playing for money or just kicking someone around. I'd gladly pay for table time and the sort, just looking for someone to atleast give me a few things to work on.
 
Easiest way to improve FAST is watch Pat Fleming's Accu Stat tapes. Watch the worlds best, copy them, remember their patterns. Also I recommend Phil Capelle's excellent book series...Play your best Pool....best 9 ball...mind for pool. If you truly want to learn & improve then there is no better way. Once you start up the curve...then play in every tournament that you can afford to enter.
 
mike253 said:
I live in the Northern Virginia are and I'm looking for someone who's experienced to show me a few things (drills, things of that nature) My local hall is full of good players but they aren't interested in teaching, more in either playing for money or just kicking someone around. I'd gladly pay for table time and the sort, just looking for someone to atleast give me a few things to work on.

Where do you play? THere are quite afew of us in NVA that would get togetther with you or go and pick on the bullies for ya!;)
 
I live in Front Royal, but work in the Herndon area, so Breakers, Hard Times, and Bungalow Billiards are all near my work, and I'm sure quite a few others i'm not aware of. I'd love to just play a few racks with someone who really knows what they're doing who could say "hey, try this next time" and maybe afterwards show me a few drills (never done a drill.. no one ever showed me any) Unfortunately I don't have time for books, the free time I can devote to pool, I would like to spend on the table.
 
Thursdays at 8pm, First Break Cafe (Sterling, VA)...9b tourney, lots of players of all levels and free play from about 7 on if you are in the event. There is also the tightest GC there, if you want to torture yourself.

A few of us show there regularly...
 
mike253 said:
I live in Front Royal, but work in the Herndon area, so Breakers, Hard Times, and Bungalow Billiards are all near my work, and I'm sure quite a few others i'm not aware of. I'd love to just play a few racks with someone who really knows what they're doing who could say "hey, try this next time" and maybe afterwards show me a few drills (never done a drill.. no one ever showed me any) Unfortunately I don't have time for books, the free time I can devote to pool, I would like to spend on the table.

Find the time for books! A good way to learn away from the table and lots to take to the table when you can. Philw
 
Back
Top