Anywhere to play in San Jose?

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just in for the night but will have time to play later. Is there a good pool hall around anywhere near the airport? I'm willing to drive a bit too.

Thanks in advance. Also, I tried to search but nothing useful came up.
 
Alex Kanapilly said:
I'm just in for the night but will have time to play later. Is there a good pool hall around anywhere near the airport? I'm willing to drive a bit too.

Thanks in advance. Also, I tried to search but nothing useful came up.

California Billiards Club is on El Camino Real in Mountain View, which I don't think is too far from you. Maybe 15-20 mins. You'll be able to get some 1h action there probably.

Wish I could come meet up with you tonight, but I'm busy trying to get a house on the market for this weekend. It would be good to see you again.

http://www.californiabilliardclub.com/


Directions from airport:

Cheers,
RC
 
sixpack said:
California Billiards Club is on El Camino Real in Mountain View, which I don't think is too far from you. Maybe 15-20 mins. You'll be able to get some 1h action there probably.

Wish I could come meet up with you tonight, but I'm busy trying to get a house on the market for this weekend. It would be good to see you again.

http://www.californiabilliardclub.com/


Directions from airport:

Cheers,
RC

Thanks Regis (hope I spelled that right)! I'll check it out. Come back and visit Denver, we'll get a ring game going with Chris.
 
sixpack said:
California Billiards Club is on El Camino Real in Mountain View, which I don't think is too far from you. Maybe 15-20 mins. You'll be able to get some 1h action there probably.

Wish I could come meet up with you tonight, but I'm busy trying to get a house on the market for this weekend. It would be good to see you again.

http://www.californiabilliardclub.com/


Directions from airport:

Cheers,
RC

Ca Billiards Club used to be my hang out when I lived in San Jose. Say hi to the gang for me (if there's still a gang). Shakey Dave should work there at least. have fun. It's a great room - you won't believe the space between tables in the tournament section.

Dave
 
Alex Kanapilly said:
Thanks Regis (hope I spelled that right)! I'll check it out. Come back and visit Denver, we'll get a ring game going with Chris.

That action might be too strong for me these days! Would be great to play in though.

Cheers,
RC
 
nice room

12squared said:
Ca Billiards Club used to be my hang out when I lived in San Jose. Say hi to the gang for me (if there's still a gang). Shakey Dave should work there at least. have fun. It's a great room - you won't believe the space between tables in the tournament section.

Dave

The room owner, Chet Itow, did quite a bit of research before designing the room....He's an avid pool player himself, so the tournament area at the central part of the room has been ergonomically designed with the serious pool player in mind.....including the sweators' tables which are nicely located along the rail for the betting birds....
 
Yeah, I used to play alot at CBC also.

It has slowed down A LOT this year, however. Great equipment and loads of space between tables, but it's certainly not a Players hangout.

It's a very nice room - don't get me wrong. But there's more action other places, if that's what you're after.

But if you're wanting a clean, quiet, safe place to hit some balls, then by all means go check out CBC!

Heck, since you're a fellow AZer - I'll stop by tonight about 7:00 - 8:00.

-von
 
wahcheck said:
The room owner, Chet Itow, did quite a bit of research before designing the room....He's an avid pool player himself, so the tournament area at the central part of the room has been ergonomically designed with the serious pool player in mind.....including the sweators' tables which are nicely located along the rail for the betting birds....
Yes, the room is very well designed. It was sold recently and is under new management. I think Shaky Dave still works there.
 
I guess you were not around

VonRhett said:
Yeah, I used to play alot at CBC also.

It has slowed down A LOT this year, however. Great equipment and loads of space between tables, but it's certainly not a Players hangout.

It's a very nice room - don't get me wrong. But there's more action other places, if that's what you're after.

But if you're wanting a clean, quiet, safe place to hit some balls, then by all means go check out CBC!

Heck, since you're a fellow AZer - I'll stop by tonight about 7:00 - 8:00.

-von

A couple of weeks ago or so when John Henderson and Lettuce Larry went at it. There was not less than 6 other tables going with action. I have not seen that much going on in a long time. The people that showed up that day included, Ronnie Allen, Jeff Gregory, Roger Estelle, CB, Al Markasky, Dick Cady, Poker Paul, Ramon Mastica and a couple of others I do not know their names.
Maybe action will pick up now that everyone Chet Ito had 86'd are now allowed back in according to the new owners, except for one that they mentioned. That is a lot of players.
Speaking of the room , the only improvement I would have made is more room between the rail and bar/restaurant area.
 
Sorry I missed everyone. I was there from 9 to about 12:30. I had to catch a 7:30am flight back to Denver.

Great room and talk about space between tables! I've never seen so much. I would play there all the time if I lived there.

I played a nice guy named Steve some one pocket for 20 a game. We broke even... I'm sure he felt he should have won but I thought I should have been a few games up. There was one game where I found two great stack shots shooting away from my pocket both times and scratched. If I won that I would have been two games up. Oh well.

My buddy Jim Blakeman plays up there, I just missed him. If any of you guys play him tell him Alex said hi. He's a great shooter and a good guy.
 
Back
Top