APA League MVP

hivoltg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just won the local APA MVP Tournament last weekend, in the Black Tier level. You get a plaque and a jacket, and you're put on a Team that represents your area. The person that wins the MVP Tournament, from each Tier level, is put on this Team and you compete against the other MVP Teams in the Region.

Hope this helps the OP

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
People buy stuff at garage sales I would laugh at.

My buddy bought use trophies, and recycled em at his slot car racing business.

He had races 7 nights a week, and people love the trophies.

So do you disparage your buddy and the people who participate in his races, since they "love trophies"? Since every time an APA thread comes up, you're quick to come in here and crap on patches and trophies...

Inquiring minds...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So do you disparage your buddy and the people who participate in his races, since they "love trophies"? Since every time an APA thread comes up, you're quick to come in here and crap on patches and trophies...

Inquiring minds...
If it was a trophy for winning the APA US Amateur Championship, do you think he'll change his tune! 🤔

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started to ask a question about what you guys think may happem in the event of a tie in mvp.

Then again it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things because i am damn proud of my level of play in 8 ball for the entire session regardless if i win mvp or not.

I finished the session with an 11-1 record. The guy who is tied with me has a 4-2 record. We have the exact same total in points per match.

My team has a bye next week... the last week of the session. The other guys team does play next week and he could theoretically break the tie if he played and won. I wish i had played this guy this session but our teams never faced each other.

It would be kind of a bummer to lose mvp to a guy with a 5-2 record vs my 11-1 record . looking back there is no one to blame but myself for losing a rack here and there that i should have won. I recall getting careless on occasion when i would be up 3 0 and let my opponent win a rack instead of me closing out strong with a shutout.

Then agakn i had a couple real close games where my opponent got to the hill on me ...which also kept my points total from beimg higher. I played a couple strong 7's and managed to win those ...one i didn't even need the handicap to win.

I have no idea the caliber of competition the other guy faced in his 6 matches so far.

Like i said before in this thread . i play for the pure enjoyment of the game but being eligible to play in a mvp tournamemt would be nice.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I don't think anyone could play a whole season with zero regrets or mistakes so don't beat yourself up. But maybe a good one to remember if you feel yourself getting careless in future. I tend to feel grateful for mistakes (deep down, and in spit of myself, not by forcing the feeling) if I realize I've learned something solid and usable so that I'll know specifically what to do next time.

It's kind of a shame to have a bye on the deciding night, instead of getting to play under the pressure, and maybe rise above it. I'm with you that 11-1 is clearly better than 5-2, but on the other hand, our success is rarely only in our own hands, it also depends on the other guy, even if we don't like to admit it.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Y
Well honestly pins, patches, and trophies do not get me warm, and fuzzy.

You like pins, patches, and trophies good for you.

Maybe you have a trophy case in your home to show off your ribbons, pins, and trolphies. Maybe the APA Should do a partisipation trophy annually, for millinals to get jazzed over.
You said you won't even play a tournament if the entry is over $5. Stop it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Y

You said you won't even play a tournament if the entry is over $5. Stop it.

You are incorrect, get your information right. Your statement is inaccurate.

So the question is did you contribute to price fund on reservation, or come how
Event Winner?

I ask as CSI did not post results.

field looked dinky, but they never research why.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Event Winner?

I don't know what you just asked me.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I started to ask a question about what you guys think may happem in the event of a tie in mvp.

Then again it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things because i am damn proud of my level of play in 8 ball for the entire session regardless if i win mvp or not.

I finished the session with an 11-1 record. The guy who is tied with me has a 4-2 record. We have the exact same total in points per match.

My team has a bye next week... the last week of the session. The other guys team does play next week and he could theoretically break the tie if he played and won. I wish i had played this guy this session but our teams never faced each other.

It would be kind of a bummer to lose mvp to a guy with a 5-2 record vs my 11-1 record . looking back there is no one to blame but myself for losing a rack here and there that i should have won. I recall getting careless on occasion when i would be up 3 0 and let my opponent win a rack instead of me closing out strong with a shutout.

Then agakn i had a couple real close games where my opponent got to the hill on me ...which also kept my points total from beimg higher. I played a couple strong 7's and managed to win those ...one i didn't even need the handicap to win.

I have no idea the caliber of competition the other guy faced in his 6 matches so far.

Like i said before in this thread . i play for the pure enjoyment of the game but being eligible to play in a mvp tournamemt would be nice.
I'm curious how the MVP is calculated for your area. 11-1 FAR outweighs 4-2.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Event Winner?

"I use to enjoy Tournment play, with $5.00 entry fee. Fun, entertainment, and if I place in money. That was nice."

You're right, not completely accurate, but close enough!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Yeah, but it's a cool plaque!

Thats true, but they shoulda made it bigger, its pretty small, you almost have to point it out to people for them to see it. Maybe they should give you like a trophy hat so you can advertise victory by wearing it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Its great memory though, one that cant be taken away.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
League is like adding someone about Thi food. Some love, others do not like.

I like Thi food, dislike League Pool, tried once.🤮