How to get a Fargo rating? I'm sure it's been posted millions of times but I need it.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
have you ever heard saying missed boat. Well the guy should have been in AZ years ago.

If Pool was that important, I would have checked out AZ better before moving here.🤣
Pool is not that important, but I do enjoy the random event that doesn't cater to the less skilled. Why do you still act like you're invested in the local pool scene? You don't gamble, play tournaments, etc. I know people who know you, they say they thought you were dead because they haven't seen you in years.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't seen any tournaments where women as a group get a handicap. They get a handicap based on their skill. And more and more, that's based on Fargo ratings, but there's still a way to go.

There have been some open tournaments here where 6 women entered and competed against the men. The next day they have a women's tournament and 24 women enter. If it encourages people to play and they have a good time, it can't be all that bad.
I've seen tournaments that give handicaps to women. More often I see tournaments give prizes to women who finish high. I understand what he's saying about it shouldn't matter whether they are man or woman, but you can't deny that the pool skills (at least for now) are heavily tipped in the men's favor.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Pool is not that important, but I do enjoy the random event that doesn't cater to the less skilled. Why do you still act like you're invested in the local pool scene? You don't gamble, play tournaments, etc. I know people who know you, they say they thought you were dead because they haven't seen you in years.

No Gambling is not my thing. I get some people enjoy gambling. So if that is there thing good for em.

I use to enjoy Tournment play, with $5.00 entry fee. Fun, entertainment, and if I place in money. That was nice.

gerryf

I've seen tournaments that give handicaps to women. More often I see tournaments give prizes to women who finish high. I understand what he's saying about it shouldn't matter whether they are man or woman, but you can't deny that the pool skills (at least for now) are heavily tipped in the men's favor.
Yes, i like the tournaments where the top 3 women, the top 3 FR 500s, top 3 FR 400s, and top 3 under 21 all are in the money. It encourage a lot more people to play.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Women vs men should not be anything special, it's skill vs skill. Fargo ratings are the same for all. I can't stand events that automatically place women in s a special group for pool tournaments, skill is skill and you match up skill to equal skill. If you do an event and say "women get 2 games on the wire" it's just assuming women are worse than men at pool which is not true, I know many women who are better than many of the men I know or equal. It's not really a thing.

I agree, I've had my arse handed to me more than once by a woman, no reason to give them special treatment. That being said, I have no issue if they want to have their own tournament without men, not an issue for me.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Actually was in Shoot the Bull, House of Cues. This place is on Indian School & 23th. Street.

Picked up copy of local billardsn dart newspaper.

Apprenty not every bar that has pool tournaments use Fargo. Some still use old AZ ratings.

Paper was not like Mike H’s old paper, but it is something.