April Fools Tragedy in the making

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be carefull when pulling April Fool pranks--what might seem funny one one, might not be percived the same by others--good example--I had my Mother in law call the local Funeral Home and ask for Myra Mains--my Father in Law thought it was the best trick ever pulled and I made real points with him for the first time ever--but my wife and my Mother in law haven't talked to me in some time now--maybe I'm taking this all wrong, after a quick retrospect!!!!
Wow ,,,maybe this is was like making the 9 on the snap,,, on the hill game ...

Last edited:

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good 20 years ago I pulled a good April Fool's joke on the owner of the pool room. She didn't tolerate much, even bad language.
Two couples came in with their wives and baby carriages and toddlers in tow and took a table down back, out of the sight of the counter. The men took house cues off the wall played and I can only describe them as a couple guys that looked like they changed a car engine just before they came in.
I told the room owner "Those guys down back find the house cues a little thick because they have pocket knives out and are whittling long shavings off the cues to make them smaller." " The carpet is covered with wood shavings." (the secret is to maintain a straight and serious face)
Her face got red and her anger was kindled just short of explosion. "We'll see about that." she said as she swung the counter gate open, like a gunslinger coming out of a saloon and marched herself at a good pace towards the back end of the downstairs room.
She cleared the stairs and was clearly going to rip into them as I yelled out "April Fool."

The year before, I got her by telling her there was about 8 pieces of chalk in the urinal and it would barely flush.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A good 20 years ago I pulled a good April Fool's joke on the owner of the pool room. She didn't tolerate much, even bad language.
That wouldn't be Florence, would it?
...and don't never call her Flo...:eek:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two couples came in with their wives and baby carriages and toddlers in tow and took a table down back, out of the sight of the counter. The men took house cues off the wall played and I can only describe them as a couple guys that looked like they changed a car engine just before they came in.
I told the room owner "Those guys down back find the house cues a little thick because they have pocket knives out and are whittling long shavings off the cues to make them smaller." " The carpet is covered with wood shavings." (the secret is to maintain a straight and serious face)
Her face got red and her anger was kindled just short of explosion. "We'll see about that." she said as she swung the counter gate open, like a gunslinger coming out of a saloon and marched herself at a good pace towards the back end of the downstairs room.
She cleared the stairs and was clearly going to rip into them as I yelled out "April Fool."

The year before, I got her by telling her there was about 8 pieces of chalk in the urinal and it would barely flush.

I once told the counterman someone had crapped on the floor in the mens room. He immediately reached under the counter and grabbed an 'Out of Order' sign. He wasnt doin nothing beyond that.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm finding out now that the little fun I had ,,isn't to be played upon people that are getting on up there in those golden age years,,so to speak

Really like that chalk idea--turns everything blue does it--or if you use the red chalk--you could have someone thinking they have a kidney stone problem...Hmmmm

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Get an empty plastic cup with lid & straw from a fast food joint. Put a powerful magnet in it's bottom. Place on the roof of your car & cruise slowly through town. Just smile & wave to all those trying to get your attention. Lots of fun, nobody gets hurt.

Damn...I forgot to do that yesterday. Oh well...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Get an empty plastic cup with lid & straw from a fast food joint. Put a powerful magnet in it's bottom. Place on the roof of your car & cruise slowly through town. Just smile & wave to all those trying to get your attention. Lots of fun, nobody gets hurt.

I like it. Johnnyt
PS:A magnet in an old wallet would be cool too. You'd have a parade of cars behind you waiting for it to slide off.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I like it. Johnnyt
PS:A magnet in an old wallet would be cool too. You'd have a parade of cars behind you waiting for it to slide off.

Yeah, I like that one.

A few years back, the cue maker Mark Moore and I put pool players to the test. He had an old cue case that was empty but the case looked pretty good even though it had a few years on it.

Mark took the cue case and placed it carefully next to the room's entrance door. We would take turns looking through the peep hole watching the pool players walk by. One guy looks real hard at the case but continues walking by. Two guys walking together, knock on our door and inform us that we left our cue case outside. There were a few people that knocked on the door and let us know we had accidentally left the case outside. I wrote an article on my blog: "All pool players are not scum". Lol

I like the wallet thing and I just happen to have one of those SUPER magnets that is 1/2" x 1" x 2". It will hold on tight in a hurricane. :D

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They did that on TV except it was a baby's car seat with a phony baby-brutal joke.