Archer's Place, Marietta Ga...??

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our pool room here tried adding a darts league before Covid. I guess they had a decent number of teams, but the biggest challenge was there was a number of players that were also trying to play in the pool league on the same night, so a player was often in the wrong room from where he/she was needed...messed up both leagues, allowing them to try and do both.

Not sure if they're gonna try it again or not. They are fairly busy with just pool as it is. (Plus food and bar, of course.) League Mon thru Thur, and tournaments Fri and Sat nights. Owner is always up to try new things tho, so who knows?
The solution for that is easy. Gotta pick one or the other.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It opened last night. They did well, I can’t say the amount of money they did in sales (with no kitchen) but it was a solid number, real solid. Was a hair more than than predicted. About 70 people at the most at one time. Don’t know how many there were all night.

I don’t think there is anything to be concerned about as far as the future goes.

The “machines” did very little and isn’t included in their till, that’s a vending route owned by someone else. They get a cut, and that clientele takes a while to build up-it did last time. The good part is the Georgia State lottery regulates them and are licensed. No funny biz, no raids, nothing illegal. And yes they eventually will pay well but takes time.

Overall a success.

Best
Fatboy

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It opened last night. They did well, I can’t say the amount of money they did in sales (with no kitchen) but it was a solid number, real solid. Was a hair more than than predicted. About 70 people at the most at one time. Don’t know how many there were all night.

I don’t think there is anything to be concerned about as far as the future goes.

The “machines” did very little and isn’t included in their till, that’s a vending route owned by someone else. They get a cut, and that clientele takes a while to build up-it did last time. The good part is the Georgia State lottery regulates them and are licensed. No funny biz, no raids, nothing illegal. And yes they eventually will pay well but takes time.

Overall a success.

Best
Fatboy
What are their hours?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are their hours?
Idk, I just spoke to JA 3 minutes ago. He just went back, it’s a bit slower today(Sunday) but still doing good.

I’ll ask him later today and post it here.

We did talk about it a while back and 11am-when ever the bar has to close was the loose plan, but I’m not sure what was decided.

Overall the numbers for the opening day were great. Machines actually did more than we thought when we spoke at 1230am today. I can’t ever say what they are. However they were solid for a day 1. Of course there will be a dip for a little bit until people become regulars and the place is finished.

I’ll update again later today. On the hours and what ever else I can discuss. I’ll be there later this week. Also to be 100% clear I have no $ in this deal and am JA’s friend-unless it’s biz we rarely talk about pool. We do talk about the pool biz.

Best
Fatboy

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
I watched the Youtube video. What are the new model 7 foot Brunswick tables that JA refers to? He says that they are like a 7 foot GC.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I was just at the Brunswick site, and must have missed it. Are they brand new? Is there a non-coin op version?
Yes brand new product

They had 3 prototypes in the wild for a while. This is the first full installation of them. They look cool, I expect they play good. I haven’t spoke to anyone who’s played on them. I’ll know in a week. It’s bwick response to the 7’ Diamonds. Albeit a bit late to the party.

Best
Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think JA's is first place to have them. Coin or bill pay. May have a card swipe option but can't tell from the pics.
They are pay tables. He isn’t opening them up by the hour.

Idk about cards. Possibly I’ll find out. There’s a app coming where you can lock up the table and start paying time before you get to the pool room, idk if that’s happened yet. But that’s the idea bwick has for them down the road.

Innovation in pool, can’t be bad

Fatboy 😀

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I was just at the Brunswick site, and must have missed it. Are they brand new? Is there a non-coin op version?
Brand new! I’m sure you can open them up like any barbox and let the balls run through. But they are not going to do that. Pay per game is the plan as of now, which I think is the right idea on the 7’ tables and hourly on the 9’ boxes.

Best
Fatboy😃😃

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Barns new! I’m sure you can open them up like any barbox and let the balls run through. But they are not going to do that. Pay per game is the plan as of now, which I think is the right idea on the 7’ tables and hourly on the 9’ boxes.

Best
Fatboy😃😃
Yeah, I can never pay by the game, I'd be paying $150/hr....

Jaden