Are Predator sponsored pros using the Revo shaft for breaking?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
na, i just find it irritating when i say REVO's are awesome and a game changer, and some one starts mentioning squirt to me, after i mentioned i was an A player specifically to try to avoid stupid comments like that.

so i addressed my questions to someone who i think is clueless, and quite possibly has never even played with a REVO, and who is also someone i would probably run over playing pool.

As far as the Revo being a game changer wont you need to unlearn all of compensation adjustments that you have been using for as long as you used english? I would assume a new player could grasp english much, much quicker by not having to compensate (so much?) but someone who has been playing for many years will need to think about alignment every time they shoot with english, correct??

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as the Revo being a game changer wont you need to unlearn all of compensation adjustments that you have been using for as long as you used english? I would assume a new player could grasp english much, much quicker by not having to compensate (so much?) but someone who has been playing for many years will need to think about alignment every time they shoot with english, correct??

I would have to agree with you here; teaching new players is certainly easier (In my experience) with LD shafts. The better the LD properties the closer it is to point and shoot. That said, there is always some deflection/compensation needed so the subject still has to be fully covered. Once they get to the point of adding spin, they seem to pick it up faster with better early results when equipped with a LD shaft.

Personally, I didn't find adjusting/learning the Revo shaft any different than learning any new shaft; however, I switched to the (dark side) LD shafts long ago.

CMB1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The interview from Paul constain..CMO and owner of predator on the WPS site..says they'll have a few more smaller sizes....11.8mm or possibly smaller for the snooker players.

With the testing and r and d from predator pro team..a revo break shaft is likely to come out as well in the near future.

I'm also excited to see a revo playing shaft preferably in 12mm - 12.25mm

-doug-

Personally, I think for a break cue, ie BK4 with a Revo shaft, they will be strengthening the joint area, add a hard ferrule since they don't have to worry about deflection, and a hard tip similar in construction to the BK3.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"...strengthening the joint area, add a hard ferrule since they don't have to worry about deflection, and a hard tip similar in construction to the BK3. "

Makes perfect sense to me.

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i know a pro who recently switched to revo, and he picked up on it pretty quick. For me, id guess id have to play with couple hours a day for a month to get to the point where im not compensating for english when i aim.