Are There Flight Restrictions With Your Cue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jody C
  • Start date Start date
I don't know about international flights, originating outside of the U.S., but you cannot carry a cuestick onto any U.S. airline flights...PERIOD. They must be checked as baggage...and the airlines have NO responsibility if it gets stolen!:eek: Go figure...:mad:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
Cues and Flights

No you can't carry on cues! What I use is a Haliburton (sp) case from Mueller. Took out the foam, wrap my cue in the case in a towel and then lock the case. When checking in I place extra insurance on the case and tell them the case is locked, I go to security and if they wish to look inside, I hand them the key and they open and inspect IN MY PRESENCE then lock the case again and off I go. No problems so far with the case. Sometimes I have to help the check in with were to find the extra insurance inputr on there computer (many say either they have never done this or they just don't know how) Hope this helps
 
Do you guys know if you had an evenly split 3 piece cue if that would be allowed?

In other words, are cues not allowed because they are too long in the normal 2 piece configuration or do they not want cues of any length for fear of becoming a weapon?
 
iusedtoberich said:
Do you guys know if you had an evenly split 3 piece cue if that would be allowed?

In other words, are cues not allowed because they are too long in the normal 2 piece configuration or do they not want cues of any length for fear of becoming a weapon?
I flew with a guy who had a hockey stick. A real life hockey stick. But you cant carry on a cue. Go figure
 
I just flew from NY to Bangkok with a cue inside a sturdy 1x1 case inside my larger suitcase- made it through no problem.

Cuaba travels the same way with his cue, and hasn't had any problems (though it may have gotten lost a couple times...:rolleyes: )
 
This is the reason...therefore NO cue, in any configuration can be carried on. However, if you had a 3-pc cue, it would likely fit easily in your suitcase.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

iusedtoberich said:
do they not want cues of any length for fear of becoming a weapon?
 
Jody C said:
Can You Carry Your Cue On Flights ?
Thanks, Jody
Unfortunately, pool cues are allowed in checked baggage only. This is a rule imposed and enforced by TSA and not each individual airline, which means there is no getting around it. If you have concerns, you may look into FedEx overnight insured. But, I have travelled coast to coast with various cues, and have not had any issues. (knock on wood). Look into a cue travel bag (which you put your cue case in).

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1038.shtm

-td
 
Back
Top