Are your local leagues played on 7' tables or 9' tables?

Are your local leagues played on 7' tables or 9' tables?

• 7' tables

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • 9' tables

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
All the talk about leagues being the reason why some of the recent big tournaments have moved to the 7' table got me thinking, how many leagues are actually played on 7' tables compared to 9' tables? If you have several local leagues, and they are played on a mix of tables, please vote for whichever is the most dominant or prevalent.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
We have leagues on each. The in-house are on the big track, the APA/BCA on the barbox.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
No barboxes, only 9 footers over here in Japan.
People would probably think it's a kiddie table if they ever saw one.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8' tables everywhere in Texas

Houston has more Pool halls then any other city by far and everyone of them is dominated by 8' tables. Most have 3-5 9' tables and 12-20 8' tables a few bar boxes here and there.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many 9 footers for APA, TAP and other leagues in Metro Atlanta. Specifically the north side.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing but sloppy pocket bar boxes around here. Have to drive to Toledo to find a 9 foot.
Happy to have 7 footers compaired to....say.....NOTHING!

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Our Cal-State Summer League is being played on 9 ft. Gold Crowns
and Diamonds. It is the most enjoyable League Play EVER, for me.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 of the 4 places that have in house leagues use 7' tables. The in house league I play in uses nothing but 9' tables. It makes for interesting play when we have to go elsewhere for a qualifier.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The two rooms I play both have 9'ers. One also has a few diamond BB's. But all the matches I play are on the 9's. Some in other divisions in the league complain when league tournaments are played on the 9's instead of the 7's they play on but there is no place with enough 7's to host a large tournament. So 9's it is.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the North Central Mass area, a majority of bar tables for the leagues are 8' for whatever reason, most likely due to the local juke box vendor.

The social clubs (Eagles, St Joe's, etc) have 9' tables.

The regional tournaments normally held at Breakers in Clinton, MA have 7' Valleys and tight furniture Olhausen 9' tables.

Freddie <~~~ even easier on 8'

Last edited:

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The leagues at my local room are all on 9' Diamonds, we are playing 8 ball and 9 ball at this time.These are the only leagues currently playing. When winter comes the other leagues in the area play at bars with 7' Valleys. I go to AZ for the winter, where if we have a league it will be on 9' Olhausens.

BreaknITup

Registered
7' Diamonds for the regular APA league. Masters APA in the same place played on 9' diamonds. In Maryland.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Houston has more Pool halls then any other city by far and everyone of them is dominated by 8' tables. Most have 3-5 9' tables and 12-20 8' tables a few bar boxes here and there.

8 footers are my favorite, I have one at home but rarely see one anywhere. All we have is 9 foot gold crowns and tourneys are played on diamond bar boxes.

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly 8' here. Learning curve much easier on a 7'. But more congestion. Once, twice a week player will adapt easier.

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the North Central Mass area, a majority of bar tables for the leagues are 8' for whatever reason, most likely due to the local juke box vendor.

The social clubs (Eagles, St Joe's, etc) have 9' tables.

The regional tournaments normally held at Breakers in Clinton, MA have 7' Valleys and tight furniture Olhausen 9' tables.

Freddie <~~~ even easier on 8'

You left out Billiards Cafe (Ayer) which is 95% 9' tables and Fenwicks (Leominister) which are all 9'. I'll have to try Breakers some time. Never been there.

Al

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
APA in Maine is played almost only on 9's.

I'm only aware of a few 7's across the state, not rooms of them. There was one room with 7's a fee years ago, but scaled down recently to just a few, if its even still open.