Arizona Player's Beloved Wife Needs Your Help

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please take a moment to read the following links. Every dime, dollar, penny, ten spot...whatever could make the difference of her chance of life. Thanks

Cathy Olson, the wife of an area pool player in the Phoenix Metro area, will die unless she receives a Cord Blood Tranfusion, which has been denied by her insurance. Please can you take a moment to read it the following links and information and if at all possible please help.

Please http://www.azpoolscene.com/CathyOlson.html

A foundation has been set up for her:
Catherine Olson Leukemia Foundation
Wells Fargo Bank
Account # 606 9696 398


Here is a link of a TV News program here in Phoenix that also covered her story
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/stemcellbattle0629-CR.html

Thank you for your time.
 
Well that just plain sucks !!! Insurance Co needs picketers out front of there office !!
 
I am going to send $25. I wish I could send more. I feel very badly when something tragic like this happens. Someone's life is on the line, and the stumbling block is money and bureaucratic red tape of insurance companies.

I'm paying $415 per month for medical insurance, and I never go to the doctor because I don't like them. I know, it's another phobia of mine, but if I get very sick, I have the insurance. The one time I did go to the emergency room was years ago when the SARS virus was out. I got sick and I think I got psychosomatic about the symptoms. I ran to the emergency room. By the time my insurance company got done cutting up how much they'd cover, what they don't cover, my $950 visit cost me $850 out of pocket. Nice deal, these insurance companies. I feel like I'm taking $415 and throwing it out the window every month for medical insurance. Believe me, it's a racket. Insurance companies rate right up there with credit card companies. The make their own rules up as they go along to suit their needs.

My brother, who lived in Yuma for many years at one time, happens to still have Wells Fargo bank account, and it will be easy for him to navigate the links and contribute the funds for me in my name.

This lady, though I do not know her, will be in my prayers!

JAM
 
Hello Sweet Lady! It's so good to see you :) I don't know Cathy personally either, but her husband is well known by some of the long time Arizona folks, including my dear other half. Thanks so much for responding. If 30,000 people each just donated $20-$25 Cathy will be able to get her surgery. Time is important and thanks a bunch. Would love to see you guys come down for a visit.
 
My question is, should be be covered by her medical insurance policy? Are they just denying to see if the family will 'go away'?

I used to work in the billing dept of a large multi-specialty physicians clinic. We had a nurse whose husband developed lukemia, and her husband's med ins carrier denied the request for a bone marrow transplant...and in fact, discontinued his coverage altogether, citing 'pre-existing condition'...which it was not. I wrote a very detailed letter for her to the WA State Insurance Commissioner's Office, and what do you know.....the coverage was re-instated, AND the procedure was paid for.

Many insurance companies will automatically deny claims, in the hopes that many will not do anything about it, and just go away. Another tactic, which is so abhorrent that I cannot even believe this is allowed in this day and age, is to continue to deny benefits until the patient simply passes.

I would suggest a very public campaign...enlist local news agencies to do a story concerning this lady's plight, and where donations can be sent....and by all means...get the AZ Insurance Commissioner's Office involved...this is precisely what these elected officials get paid for!!!

My best wishes, and prayers go out to the family.

Lisa
 
Dear Lisa,

I don't know if you had the time to watch the news report about Cathy's situation, however she has attempted to appeal the denial by her insurance and because it is, I suspect Stem Cell related it is being denied.

As I am sure you are aware, health insurance typically only covers the absolute older and more conventional forms of treatment. Cord Transfusions as well as other stem cell related treatments are controversial because they have become politicized regardless of the fact that the politicians will skew the facts to fit their own agendas...

No, Cathy really has no alternative other than to pay this out of pocket. Additionally, me posting on the forum here at AZB as well as myself and dozens of people are trying to get the word out on her need is just a small part of a network of folks trying to get out her plight.

This is taking it publically as well as getting media coverage and such. Please if there is anyway in your life to be able to also spread the word of this ladies situation or of others you hear about, I encourage you to help in any way you can.

Your experience working in medical billing gives you an upclose perspective on the horrors that people like Cathy face regularly.

Any contribution you can lend as well as forwarding the information about her situation to those in your circle would be appreciated.

Thanks,
 
Holly said:
Please take a moment to read the following links. Every dime, dollar, penny, ten spot...whatever could make the difference of her chance of life. Thanks

Cathy Olson, the wife of an area pool player in the Phoenix Metro area, will die unless she receives a Cord Blood Tranfusion, which has been denied by her insurance. Please can you take a moment to read it the following links and information and if at all possible please help.

Please http://www.azpoolscene.com/CathyOlson.html

A foundation has been set up for her:
Catherine Olson Leukemia Foundation
Wells Fargo Bank
Account # 606 9696 398


Here is a link of a TV News program here in Phoenix that also covered her story
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/stemcellbattle0629-CR.html

Thank you for your time.


Holly,

Do you have PayPal?
If so please PM the details and I will get a donation to you ASAP.

Regards,
Koop
 
Holly said:
Dear Lisa,

I don't know if you had the time to watch the news report about Cathy's situation, however she has attempted to appeal the denial by her insurance and because it is, I suspect Stem Cell related it is being denied.

As I am sure you are aware, health insurance typically only covers the absolute older and more conventional forms of treatment. Cord Transfusions as well as other stem cell related treatments are controversial because they have become politicized regardless of the fact that the politicians will skew the facts to fit their own agendas...

No, Cathy really has no alternative other than to pay this out of pocket. Additionally, me posting on the forum here at AZB as well as myself and dozens of people are trying to get the word out on her need is just a small part of a network of folks trying to get out her plight.

This is taking it publically as well as getting media coverage and such. Please if there is anyway in your life to be able to also spread the word of this ladies situation or of others you hear about, I encourage you to help in any way you can.

Your experience working in medical billing gives you an upclose perspective on the horrors that people like Cathy face regularly.

Any contribution you can lend as well as forwarding the information about her situation to those in your circle would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Holly, I understand completely...and yes, I have actually worked both sides of the industry, the billing side and the insurance claims processor side...after over 15 years of it, I just didn't have the stomach for any of it anymore.

I will see what I can do...and will send prayers for Cathy as well.

Lisa
 
My brother, who can move on the computer better than me, just sent my $25 to the Catherine Olson Leukemia Foundation at the account number for Wells Fargo Bank. I know this is only a drop in the bucket. I hope others who can afford to spare a few dollars can follow suit in an effort to help save this lady's life, the most precious gift we all may sometimes take for granted.

Catherine is in my prayers. Please keep us updated on her progress.

JAM
 
Back
Top