Arizona State Players

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
I was having a conversation about some players in Arizona yesterday and it made me wonder. Who are some of the top players in Arizona? The fellow I was talking to mentioned some other name Nick I think out of Arizona? He said he was a shorter guy with short hair kind of like a shaved head and it was growing back in. Any idea who this could be? Not much to go on I know. Anyway he said the fellow was a talented player. I was born in Tucson but didn't start playing pool until I moved to florida. Would love to go back and visit there. What are some of the nice places to play there in Arizona? Any part of the state.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Nick? I am not sure who that would be. The description sounds like our very own Jimmy Mendoza though.

Mike

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:
Time for bed bump

Josh,
If u are coming on I-10 from florida,you may stop at Clicks Billiards in Tucson and u may get some action in one pocket with some guys with spanish names.u may then go to Phoenix and then to Albuquerque. you may get 10-20 $ one pocket games in corner pocket in Albuquerque or bar box 9 ball with the owner of the Billiards palace or 9ball on 9 footers with the daughter of the Billiards palace.good luck to you on the road:cool: :cool:

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Well the description I was given is he is a white male, Brown hair, late 20's maybe early 30's, Wears a red glove I believe, and plays with a cheap players cue I think that has a predator shaft. The fellow that told me this said he saw the guy play near perfect for a few hours while playing some younger kid.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
vagabond said:
Josh,
If u are coming on I-10 from florida,you may stop at Clicks Billiards in Tucson and u may get some action in one pocket with some guys with spanish names.u may then go to Phoenix and then to Albuquerque. you may get 10-20 $ one pocket games in corner pocket in Albuquerque or bar box 9 ball with the owner of the Billiards palace or 9ball on 9 footers with the daughter of the Billiards palace.good luck to you on the road:cool: :cool:

I didn't say I was going on the road. :p I just said I would like to make it back that way in the future to visit where I used to live. Maybe stop in for some pool while there. :) I was in San Antonio last year with a buddy and those spanish guys most of them can play. :) And they like to call you papa. :D

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
No, that doesn't sound like Jimmy.

Mike

Nine Ball said:
Well the description I was given is he is a white male, Brown hair, late 20's maybe early 30's, Wears a red glove I believe, and plays with a cheap players cue I think that has a predator shaft. The fellow that told me this said he saw the guy play near perfect for a few hours while playing some younger kid.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
The name Nick could have been a fake. But he wears a glove and is out of Arizona.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:
The name Nick could have been a fake. But he wears a glove and is out of Arizona.

Price is negotiable if u want any information on that dude.:cool:

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:

Not me. I don't wear a red glove, for sure! :)

It might be Nick DeLeon (I probably misspelled that). He's about that age and might wear a red glove. If he does, tell him I said "that's gay". :D

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:

It might be Nick DeLeon (I probably misspelled that). He's about that age and might wear a red glove. If he does, tell him I said "that's gay". :D

I wouldn't know the guy if he was standing in front of me. I'm just going off of what the other fellow told me. I agree. Gloves are "gay" hehehe.. but if this guy really plays jam up then wearing a glove and using a players cue is a smooth move.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
vagabond said:
Price is negotiable if u want any information on that dude.:cool:

I don't need to know that bad. The guy don't matter to me. I was just curious. :)

r0ttie1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:

I've never seen him with a glove, but I'll convey the "that's gay" message. :D

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO the top players in Arizona are in no particular order.
Jimmy Mendoza
Mitch Ellerman
Tony Confalone
Bobby Emmons
Scott Frost
Trace ?
Glen Bond
Brandon Butler (who is on his way)
I know there are a few others but cannot remember their names right now.

Look at the results from the Ohlhausen All-Around tour and you will see some of the best players in AZ.

BVal

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
BVal said:
Jimmy Mendoza
Mitch Ellerman
Tony Confalone
Bobby Emmons
Scott Frost
Trace ?
Glen Bond

Look at the results from the Ohlhausen All-Around tour and you will see some of the best players in AZ.

BVal

Trace is Tres Kane --- the fireman
Babe Thompson
Chuck Evans
Terry Osborne

and a few other old guys

Last edited:

Ryan A.

Registered
BVal said:
Jimmy Mendoza
Mitch Ellerman
Tony Confalone
Bobby Emmons
Scott Frost
Trace ?
Glen Bond

BVal

no offense, but I would love to have action with half your list.

No need to question Nick's sexuality,,,,he is safe, no glove.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:
I wouldn't know the guy if he was standing in front of me. I'm just going off of what the other fellow told me. I agree. Gloves are "gay" hehehe.. but if this guy really plays jam up then wearing a glove and using a players cue is a smooth move.

I was kidding about the "gay" comment in case anyone didn't get that. I get along well with Nick and, if he were wearing a glove, I was just ribbing him about it. :)

Ryan A.

Registered
Jimmy M. said:
I was kidding about the "gay" comment in case anyone didn't get that. I get along well with Nick and, if he were wearing a glove, I was just ribbing him about it. :)

His laugh,,,,now go ahead and tell him THATS GAY

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan A. said:
no offense, but I would love to have action with half your list.

No need to question Nick's sexuality,,,,he is safe, no glove.
None taken - the list was just my opinion.

BVal