As more bashing against deanoc continues...we now sympathize for him

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
By that logic, I shouldn't bag on Charles Manson because it wasn't my family he had killed.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Here is my take..... I have bought 7 cues using Dean directly and as part of his special cue projects.

I was and still am very pleased with my business dealings with Dean and especially, my cue-makers.

Regardless of the criticism being expressed, I would do business with Dean again in a friggin’ heartbeat.

How ironic it is these attacks on Dean’s integrity are essentially from folks that never did business with him.

The only time to really pay attention to this topic is if and when you read criticism of Dean from former customers.

So far I’ve only read positive comments and Dean’s i rating attests to it as Cocobolo Cowboy has previously posted.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The only ones that truly matter are those expressed by Dean’s actual customers.

NUF CED!

Matt B.

Nothing better than a boomer yelling "NUF CED", as it clearly ends the conversation with his point being the only one worth considering

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
He should have had Joss build him the line of Jackpot cues.

That is what Buddy Hall did with a line of Derby cues that he had Joss build for him, and those cues were super nice, and hit better then any other Joss I ever played with. Half of the line (the higher end line) were made by Samsara though. I had models 3 and 5, and they hit amazing. They were super solid hitting cues, and very high quality, in my opinion.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141801

I wonder though, even if it turned out that Joss was the maker of the Jackpot cues, would some still be upset, and feel deceived? Who knows.

I don't know. old joss cues are highly desireable, new ones not so much. I had their sneaky pete and it was terrible, but they make out of all the production companies the classier, better looking cues. some people swear by a joss, they have a better rep, so to answer your question, most likely not, they wouldn't be as mad. but joss wouldn't have done a cue for $100 a pop like schmelke does.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Only about your own experience buying a cue from Dean has any significance.
If you were never wronged or injured, then your opinion has diminutive value.
You have poor reading comprehensive skills; practice more with you dic..tionary.

Wrong. This is an open forum and folks can have opinions on anything they want, whenever they like. You have opinions about chalk and I've never wronged you, or any customer in my 5 years since I took it over.

If Dean wants to act in an unethical manner, that is entirely up to him. But, if he thinks folks will NOT call him out for it, he has another thing coming. The true test in all this is some folks have bought cues from Dean in the past and had a good experience but are now saying this wrong.

It matters not what your reputation is in business. Because, I've got a good one, perfect i-trader, over 800 transactions on Ebay, and sell chalk in 15 countries without a complaint.

But, if I bring out a "new" improved version of MC and "hint" that I"m using some of my old connections in the Russian world, but wind up selling Silver Cup with a MC label, folks would have a problem with that, including myself. I can't stand up and say, "hey, i've got over 200,000 satisfied customers, blah, blah, blah" That matters NOT to anyone that was hoodwinked today.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That matters NOT to anyone that was hoodwinked today.

I don't think it ever did. Go back 800 years, if a blacksmith used anothers touchmark it was punishable by death at worst, at best just forfeit of trade, but usually both.

1a. Can you link your ebay store?
1b. Do you sell just chalk?
2. What's the Russian angle?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I haven't read any of the criticism. I was of the opinion the man was passing along some nice pieces for a portion of what they were worth.
In any situation people deserve the benefit of a doubt even Glen Hancock. I still think there's something wrong there that's not known. I know Glen well
enough that he'll stand back and let them bash regardless. The bashing comes under the heading of personal attack. Unless there is proof why should
we be attacking people on a pool forum anyway? Aren't we supposed to be here for fun? Deano is nice fella. I'd enjoy playing and getting to know him.

I'm starting to show some sympathy towards him even though what he did was deceitful but as more people keep bashing him then he will make out to be the better man. It's starting to happen where those that disagree with him are starting to support him.

Nobody reads a 20 plus page thread in it's entirety so all this bashing of him will eventually turn support from others.

Reactions: pab

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't read any of the criticism. I was of the opinion the man was passing along some nice pieces for a portion of what they were worth.
In any situation people deserve the benefit of a doubt even Glen Hancock. I still think there's something wrong there that's not known. I know Glen well
enough that he'll stand back and let them bash regardless. The bashing comes under the heading of personal attack. Unless there is proof why should
we be attacking people on a pool forum anyway? Aren't we supposed to be here for fun? Deano is nice fella. I'd enjoy playing and getting to know him.

I thought there was plenty of proof in both cases you allude to above and the criticism is also justified. Can't ignore the history of both posters and I am not surprised at the reaction they are receiving.

PS... you also give the impression Glen never attacked anyone on a forum and he's now being attacked all of a sudden.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
All I've seen were personal statements and opinions. I've not seen a contract or a receipt.

I never even alluded to your ps, that's putting words in my mouth I didn't say.

All I'm saying here is that people took a guy at his word on an accusation that had 0 history on this forum over a guy that had been here for years.

If there is real bonafide proof post it.

There is tons of proof. On both accounts, for that matter.

I thought there was plenty of proof in both cases you allude to above and the criticism is also justified. Can't ignore the history of both posters and I am not surprised at the reaction they are receiving.

PS... you also give the impression Glen never attacked anyone on a forum and he's now being attacked all of a sudden.

Last edited:

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I've seen were personal statements and opinions. I've not seen a contract or a receipt.

I never even alluded to your ps, that's putting words in my mouth I didn't say.

All I'm saying here is that people took a guy at his word on an accusation that had 0 history on this forum over a guy that had been here for years.

If there is real bonafide proof post it.

I'll check and see if Jerimy issued a receipt and had a signed contract.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't want to derail this thread and I'm not criticizing your post in any manner but I'm curious as to why you think something must be wrong and not known about the rail/money situation with RKC.

1. OP posts that he gave money and rails to RKC and has not heard from him in months.
2. After that initial post, RKC continued to visit this site but stopped posting on threads...but continued log in on to this site daily.
3. RKC has been made aware of this thread by a forum member and has not defending these allegations.

In my world, if you're accused of being a thief on a world wide public forum, you.....
A. Defend yourself.
B. Make the situation right

What do you think could be wrong?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I'm fully aware of the he said, she said of all this. I've read most of the comments but not all.

All I'm saying is that, "I think when this thing is said and done there will be more to it than has been put out on this forum."

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon for either side. Yeah Glen could have cleared
this up if he wanted to and he hasn't. He's not obligated to come here, its free to be
here. His not coming here to clear the matter doesn't mean he is guilty either.

It's just one of those things that can happen when people rush to judgement when it appears to not be right. Suppose there is something wrong not reported. Now what?

I don't want to derail this thread and I'm not criticizing your post in any manner but I'm curious as to why you think something must be wrong and not known about the rail/money situation with RKC.

1. OP posts that he gave money and rails to RKC and has not heard from him in months.
2. After that initial post, RKC continued to visit this site but stopped posting on threads...but continued log in on to this site daily.
3. RKC has been made aware of this thread by a forum member and has not defending these allegations.

In my world, if you're accused of being a thief on a world wide public forum, you.....
A. Defend yourself.
B. Make the situation right

What do you think could be wrong?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Um, Dean admitted to going with Schmelke since his other choices wouldn't do the work cheaply enough.

After saying repeatedly that Jack built the cues.

Textbook fraud, only admitted to after everyone already knew the truth.

He then completely rewrote his post, claiming he edited for punctuation. That particular move showed tons of integrity and bravery. Also great intelligence, since the post was quoted several times prior to the edit.

I was unaware of any of that. Did he ask for more money than the cue was worth? or less or same amount?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I was unaware of any of that. Did he ask for more money than the cue was worth? or less or same amount?

How many hours do you have?

He consistently inferred Jack would be hands on and flat out said it several times. Nobody will ever pin down what he paid or what they are worth but Schmelke cues start at about $60 and it's nearly impossible to spec one out over $275.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

He said the cues were made by X but were really made by Y

Then he said people were out to get him during the discourse

Now he wrote a long post about not being sorry full of more lies

Then rewrote it all