ATN: Jay H & Fatboy - 13th Annual "Swanee"

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
"Swanee" tournament at Hollywood Billiards Feb 7 & 8

Hi Jay,

Will you be TD again ??

Hi Eric,

Can you please see if Johnny will be attending again this year (he won last year). Would be great to have him there again.

Thanks,
Fran

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, I'll be there helping out Mark Griffin. We expect another small field, like maybe 180-200 players! :thumbup:

MexPoolPlyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jay, we should get a calcutta or "player auction" for this event. In any case, I like the sidepots they do in Arizona if all else fails. Something to keep the action going... just a thought.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to JA, he thinks he will be able to come, it depends on the "Ledgends and Champoins" Tour they are doing, if there are no conflicting dates he will come. He is leaving Monday AM for the M-Cup in Malta, its a great plae to go, I wish i could go this year but I cant:( . When he gets back we will know for sure but as of now its a go.

Oscar has a good plan, it will stir up more action for sure.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
MexPoolPlyr said:
Hey Jay, we should get a calcutta or "player auction" for this event. In any case, I like the sidepots they do in Arizona if all else fails. Something to keep the action going... just a thought.

Calcutta is OUT! But tell me how they do the side pots. Is it by paying an extra entry fee? That's a possibility.

MexPoolPlyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Calcutta is OUT! But tell me how they do the side pots. Is it by paying an extra entry fee? That's a possibility.

Bull from Arizona runs those sidepots perfect. He has a 5/10/20/50 sidepot where people can "buy" themselves. Only those who participate are eligible. He usually pays top 6 players or so, depending on participation. I can ask Bull exactly how he does it. I mean, to make life simple. some 50 or 100 sidepots sound good. LA is boring, we need some action! Im sure Fatboy agrees :grin:

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
Have Earl come too

Fatboy said:
I spoke to JA, he thinks he will be able to come, it depends on the "Ledgends and Champoins" Tour they are doing, if there are no conflicting dates he will come. He is leaving Monday AM for the M-Cup in Malta, its a great plae to go, I wish i could go this year but I cant:( . When he gets back we will know for sure but as of now its a go.

Oscar has a good plan, it will stir up more action for sure.

Thanks for checking Eric. We need to get with Mark to make sure there is no conflict. Then Earl could come too :)

I'm with you - sure wish I was going to Malta :sad:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Hey guys, the beginning of February there will be no conflict. The Legends and Champions Tour will be in the south Georgia, SC possibly N. Florida Jan 3rd to Jan 13th. Then in late February so they will be free to go unless we get a special request.