AVP or Memorex? Real poncho or sears poncho?

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I bought this case the other day on ebay. It was not advertised as a AVP but it could be. I have two other AVP cases and one has a label with a flag and the other has the flag and a label that says AVP. This case has no label and I can't see any place where one would have been torn out.

The pouch in the interior of this case is sewn in whereas the the pouch(s) in the other two cases, the ones that I'm sure are AVP's, are removeable. The interior fabric and construction of all three cases appear to be identical. The cue pouches are removeable and have zippers for the butts.

This case is a couple inches shorter than my other two (maybe made for billiards cues?) and the zipper is not a heavy duty zipper as my two AVP's are.

This case has a stiff spine and front and back and the outside design and construction appears to be identical to my AVP's.

My other AVP's are made of different outer fabrics than this one so that doesn't help me know whether it is or isn't a real AVP or a sears avp (a line from a Zappa album.. is that a real poncho or is that a sears poncho)

Any AVP experts out there? JB? Tate? Jewett has one. Is this one?
 

Attachments

  • Vinyl AVP.jpg
    Vinyl AVP.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 213
  • Vinyl AVP interior.jpg
    Vinyl AVP interior.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Vinyl AVP texture.jpg
    Vinyl AVP texture.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 200
  • AVP 3 of them.jpg
    AVP 3 of them.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Im sure no expert, but Ive been looking for that type of case for a while. If I had to take a semi educated guess Id say that may be an Omega case.

If you decide you dont need it, or one of the AVP cases, let me know :D :D :D LOL
 
Im sure no expert, but Ive been looking for that type of case for a while. If I had to take a semi educated guess Id say that may be an Omega case.

If you decide you dont need it, or one of the AVP cases, let me know :D :D :D LOL

Oh... I NEED them all!! Can't get enough to fill the "NEED". :groucho:
 
Back
Top