Az Members who build their own cues please post photo's of your new and old work!!!!

dakraljic

Banned
Ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Attachments

• GUERICO 2.jpg
    GUERICO 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,407

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing cue is ancient Kauri wood forearm (cored with purpleheart) and bacote butt.
Break cue is cherry forearm with bacote butt and purpleheart shaft

100_7767.jpg

I really like that mosiac work on the rings that is a super sharp idea. I'm nerd enough that i'd think about using it to spell out my name in binary or something along those lines :D

Onecrazyplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Cue maker

Here are 2 of my 1st cues. I just started building not more than 1 year ago in 2011, I have had some great teachers and have learned a lot.

The ones you see here are my 1st attempt at finishing.

The 2nd cue on the lathe is just something in the works.

To all the cue builders that have passed on information I thank you.

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • cue finish 2.jpg
    cue finish 2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,112
  • cue.jpg
    cue.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,176

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two of my very first cues.

These are two of my very first cues to publicly deliver. The first is a 60" bocote cue made for a local player, all metal is sterling silver. The second is a brazilian rosewood jump cue for forum member blowfish.

All comments, good or bad, are appreciated. All I care about is getting better.

DC.jpg

br.jpg

Last edited:

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very nice. Is there a ring at the top of the wrap? it doesn't look like it from the picture. If its not, I think that would help keep the look more symmetric next time. Thats just me though. I really like the multi-sized dots, has a very crisp clean look.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very nice. Is there a ring at the top of the wrap? it doesn't look like it from the picture. If its not, I think that would help keep the look more symmetric next time. Thats just me though. I really like the multi-sized dots, has a very crisp clean look.

Hi, thanks for the comments. I totally agree the cue would look better with matching rings above the wrap. There are no rings there because the butt is primarily a one piece butt. The owner wanted a 60 inch cue, and he uses a long bridge so has a long taper with fairly small diameter on his shaft. I wanted the cue to be as stiff as possible so I kept the butt intact, which means no A joint and no A joint rings.

Leaving the rings off surrounding the sleeve would have kept it looking symmetrical, but I wanted to try and give him some bang for his buck. When I delivered the cue, I told him if he ever wanted to improve the look and value, I would cut the cue and install an a-joint and matching rings above the wrap. But, he likes the way it plays so much I doubt he will ever want me to do it.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying butts with A-joints can't play stiff. That was just my reasoning for my decision for this particular cue.

Thanks again for your observations.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hightower cue

This is an African Wenge full spliced butt with 8 points.
Moose Joint and Moose Butt Plate.
All light colored inlays are Moose with Turquoise.

Attachments

• Cues 008.jpg
    Cues 008.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 952
  • Cues 012.jpg
    Cues 012.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 949
  • Cues 007.jpg
    Cues 007.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:

sac14214

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cherry Cue

Piece of cherry I rescued from the firewood pile.
Dyed my own .017 thick poplar veneer and double stacked them on inside and outside of points.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

sac14214

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rebuilt

Maybe the wrong section to post in but.... rebuilt a Meucci.
It had cracked ferrule, cracked wood at the joint and cracked wood at A joint. It had seen better days.

1.jpg

2.jpg

New ferrule, new joint collar, new wood at joint, new wood added to interior of forearm at A joint, new handle, new ebony butt sleeve, lightly sanded off dark stain on forearm and added a leather wrap from my wife's old coat (hope she doesn't miss it).

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hightower Fireman Tribute

Hightower Fireman Tribute

Here is a cue I built for my son in law who is a fireman.
Very simple Ziricote butt with the Hero's are Made image.
This is the lowest end cue I have built in many years, but he loves it.
He plans to help sell them to his fireman friends. I got permission to
use that image and a few more fire and rescue related ones.
The pictures do not do the image any justice as it looks really
cool in person.

fireman cue 011.jpg

fireman cue 009.jpg

MotorCityCue

Motor City cue
Silver Member
Motor City Cue

black dyed birdseye maple with ebony points and butt sleeve
ivory inlays and ivory joint
radial pin and black delrin butt cap
silver rings and "Buffalino" leather wrap
Final Ebony Ivory JPG.jpg

d.p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't seem to appreciate any cue that I buy, so I was thinking about building my next cue. I have no idea how to make a cues, but I think I may have an idea of how to go about it. Is there any helpful hints for anyone like me, that is trying to make their own cue?

Onecrazyplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just something new to play with.

Well I had a very nice Purple Heart blank I started about 8 months back and had no clue what to do with it so I'm making a nice butterfly player.
So here's it so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,250
Last edited: