AZ Open Update

Purdman

Banned
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!
OK, we got a room at the site lined up. $86 a night for 7 nights. Holiday Inn
I will show up Friday and pay for it out of the funds.
Jimmy M. has his entry and expenses. He only needs the room and airfare. That will come to about $600 +. With a little more help, we will have two players in.
Who said it couldn't happen? BS, not with a bunch of good people like we got here. I gotta tell ya, I am proud to be associated with you all.
Purdman :cool:

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
What a group!!!!!!!

Was there a thread or two going in here that mentioned the questionable charator or pool players? I don't think so. Certainly not here anyway.

Purdman

Banned
Wally in Cincy said:
Good going Don.

Is an auction set up somewhere for the cues?

It is on the opening page. Blud's sneaky pete isn't up yet. We got a $150 bid on it. The 2000 Russ Espiritu cue is up now. We got a $275 bid on that one. I just talked to my wife and Gremlin is in. She checks the mail for me everyday and calls me with a "CULT" update. Women, go figure!!!!!I got a CULT for her!

Purdman

Banned
CaptainJR said:
What a group!!!!!!!

Was there a thread or two going in here that mentioned the questionable charator or pool players? I don't think so. Certainly not here anyway.

Hey captain, you know anything about boats? I got a 94 Sea Ray Sundancer 230 I haven't seen in two years. I want to fix it up and sell it. It's on a trailer and one heck of a nice boat. Need a part time job?
Purdman :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
CaptainJR said:
What a group!!!!!!!

Captain,
Of course, there is always a chance we'll get to see a picture of Purdman lounging at the nude beach in Jamaica on his all-expense paid AZbilliards vacation (might be more interesting than the U.S. Open). Well I guess time will tell - I'm optimistic.

Purdman

Banned
Williebetmore said:
Captain,
Of course, there is always a chance we'll get to see a picture of Purdman lounging at the nude beach in Jamaica on his all-expense paid AZbilliards vacation (might be more interesting than the U.S. Open). Well I guess time will tell - I'm optimistic.

Doc, there ain't no chance of that happening. I even got it covered if something happens to me. My wife will take care of everything. I have names and addresses of all sponsors, how much donated, and who they voted for. I also have a list of the people who said they would send donations. I booked the room with my credit card plus a room for my wife and myself. I will be there.
I have already been to Jamaica and didn't like it. Nothing like being stuck on an island with a million poor people. I only got robbed once. I also had a nice ganga bread and mushroom sandwich for lunch one day. HEY NOW!!!!!

Purdman

Banned
jjollie said:
How can I donate to the US Open fund?

jjollie, the donation is $25. With that, you get one vote. Send check and vote to:
Donald Purdy
702 Donaldson Lane S.W.
Leesburg, VA. 20175

We are also auctioning off two cues for the cause. A 2000 Russ Espiritu, unused, retail $530 in 2000, and a brand new Leonard Bludworth sneaky pete,
retails for $350.
Thanks for your support, Purdman :cool:

BHAMKID

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bludworth cue

i would like to bid on the bludworth cue but i dont have a credit card so i will have to send a money order if i win the auction. will that be ok?

Race2-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Espiritu Cue

How can I get some info regarding the Espiritu cue...I'd like to bid and therefor help what I believe to be a good cause.

Purdman

Banned
BHAMKID said:
i would like to bid on the bludworth cue but i dont have a credit card so i will have to send a money order if i win the auction. will that be ok?

Mike will have the Bludworth sneaky pete up today sometime. You will find it on the auction site. Look to the left when the Green forum page comes up when you log in.

Purdman

Banned
Race2-9 said:
How can I get some info regarding the Espiritu cue...I'd like to bid and therefor help what I believe to be a good cause.

You can PM me for Espiritu Cue info. I will give you a little history now. I bought the cue in 2000 with five others. I always wanted to get involved with selling cues. That makes 11 Espiritu cues I have owned. I have four left. One I sold and bought back because it was my favorite. One is a high end cue, one is the first cue I bought when I got back into the game ( $350) in 98", and the one being auctioned, $530 retail in 2000. The cue comes with JP's and has never hit a ball.
Thanks for your interest,
I will have to check the weight. It is on the origional sticker still on the cue.