AZB Dallas/Fort Worth Fall Get Together Oct 21, 2007

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Sunday October 21st at Diamond Billiards in Dallas. TImes for starting coming soon to this thread.

We will have some simple door prizes: I have a couple of 2X Polo's I will be giving away. One of them is Talisman Billiards and the other is Predator; they are both black with gold stitching. I'm sure we can come up with some other things as well. WE had much discussion on this already at http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=61996, but we will run things from here from now on.

We can always run some mini tournaments if you want, but here is the crazy game of choice for our little tournament this time: SWEDE!

I will post the game and instructions as I tried to write them out. it is a great 3-person game and very addictive. We will have a 2 person final match for the winner.

PLEASE if you are planning to attend, post that you are, so we can get an idea of the number of people coming.

SO here we go.........

Donovan

Silver Member
Rules for SWEDE!

The rules for SWEDE!

# OF PLAYERS:
2 or 3 players. (We will use three and maybe go to 2 players for the finals.)

OBJECT:
3-person game: to make 2 numbered balls in their corresponding pocket and then make the 7 ball in the same pocket as your last numbered ball.
2-person game: to make 3 numbered balls in their corresponding pocket and then make the 7 ball in the same pocket as your last numbered ball.

SETUP:
The pockets are numbered as such:
4 o---o 3
.. | ... |
5 o .. o 2
.. | ... |
6 o---o 1

You rack the first 7 numbered balls like this and then just fill the rest of them in anywhere:
...oo
..o7o
.o25o
o364o

ORDER OF SHOOTERS:
We will use dice and roll for the order of the three players. The highest roll will go first, next highest goes second, you get the idea. You do this after every game.

TO START:
The first person breaks and must drive at least 4 object balls to a rail. If he makes a legal break and pockets a ball he stays at the table.

PLAYING:
At anytime during the game, if any stripes or the 8-ball are pocketed or knocked off the table, they stay down. If balls 1-7 are pocketed in the wrong pocket or knocked off the table they get spotted. Likewise, if you already have 2 balls pocketed in their correct pockets in a 3-person game (or 3 balls in a 2-person game) and you make another correct ball in the correct pocket, it gets spotted. If more than one ball is to be spotted at one time, they will go in numbered order. Spotting balls is done like in straight pool.

You basically shoot until you miss. All scratches are ball in the kitchen. (You must shoot across the head string before contacting an object ball, when getting "ball in the kitchen.") It is cue ball fouls only and it is only loss of turn. There is no rule on driving an object ball to a rail. You either make a ball and keep shooting or your turn is over.

HOW TO WIN:
The goal is to get 2 numbered balls in their corresponding pocket. Then to win the game you must make the 7 ball in the last pocket that you made your last correct numbered ball in.

---------------------------
This is the best 3-person game I have ever played. I really think you will enjoy it. It does become quite addicting. Let me know if you have any questions...I never wrote these rules out before, so I have no idea what I forgot to mention.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Donovan,
Sorry I'll miss it. I'll be in Tulsa that day, which isn't too far, but not close enough.

Let me know next time you'll be at BOM.
Cuaba

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
The only problem I can see for me on the 21st is transport. That's something I'm gonna have to work on.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Donovan said:
Sunday October 21st at Diamond Billiards in Dallas. TImes for starting coming soon to this thread.

We will have some simple door prizes: I have a couple of 2X Polo's I will be giving away. One of them is Talisman Billiards and the other is Predator; they are both black with gold stitching. I'm sure we can come up with some other things as well. WE had much discussion on this already at http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=61996, but we will run things from here from now on.

We can always run some mini tournaments if you want, but here is the crazy game of choice for our little tournament this time: SWEDE!

I will post the game and instructions as I tried to write them out. it is a great 3-person game and very addictive. We will have a 2 person final match for the winner.

PLEASE if you are planning to attend, post that you are, so we can get an idea of the number of people coming.

SO here we go.........

Where you been hiding dude? It's been pretty lonely on here without you.
I will be en route back home from Norfolk so I promise to wave when I fly over Dallas.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I will be en route back home from Norfolk so I promise to wave when I fly over Dallas.

Jay, you could always drop in & see us. Or are you not a fan of parachuting?:D

Donovan won't admit it but I think he's been working with KT on that weight loss business, then again what Big D is doing is really working!

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Dean says he'll open earlier if we want to get there earlier. I think Noon would be a good time and won't make Dean get there that much ealier! :p

I'm all for it! If we try Noon to 10pm, that gives us 10 solid hours!

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
On Friday, my road partner and I won two and lost two I think... not enough to place. It's a great tournament though and I really enjoy playing in it. You should partner up with big D(onovan) and come play it again!

Donovan

Silver Member
jay helfert said:

Thanks Dad! I have been working job that does not make me very happy. When I come home from working out and work, all I want to do is sleep. I do miss doing more on the board, but for now, I will just have to keep trying to do this event and get my matches in for the 1-pocket and straight pool league. I really do miss hanging out more though.

AND to answer Kool-Ade's question from the other thread...if there is a competition, "I want to get paid brother!" :D

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Donovan said:
Thanks Dad! I have been working job that does not make me very happy. When I come home from working out and work, all I want to do is sleep. I do miss doing more on the board, but for now, I will just have to keep trying to do this event and get my matches in for the 1-pocket and straight pool league. I really do miss hanging out more though.

AND to answer Kool-Ade's question from the other thread...if there is a competition, "I want to get paid brother!" :D

If you're referring to the diet race question, is it true that the prize is a Big Mac meal?;) :D

Donovan

Silver Member
chilli66 said:
If you're referring to the diet race question, is it true that the prize is a Big Mac meal?;) :D

DOH! :eek: Keep that stuff away from me!

Man, I still need a new picture. Maybe this week.:rolleyes:

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Didn't you say there was a pic of you on the Volcano's website? Is it an oldie? Tomorrow I'll be at Marsh Lane (Click's) and I'll see if anyone there plans on going to the get-together. Maybe we could get Billy to come play as well since he posts here now and again! :p

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
We need more people! :p

OnePocketChamp and I made 2nd at Volcano's last Friday! Big Mike and Lowell won it again! We had a chance to double-dip them, but we couldn't close it out!

Diamonds will be much tougher equipment though... although the tables are pretty fast as well!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
I really want to make it this one, but I have one little concern that Donovan is not going to like. Do we have to play Swede?

I know I've watched you guys play it & it looks interesting but if we're going to have a bunch of us meeting up for the first time I'd rather we played something more conventional. I just think it'd save us time if we play a game we're all familiar with plus it'll give us a better measure of each others game.

You know 8ball is my game of choice but I'm happy with 9ball, 10ball or whatever if we run it tourney style. I do think we should stick to one format though, it got a little long last time. And definitely no lagging for the trophy this time!:D

Just my opinion. However it goes I'm sure it'll be another great day.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Another thing I was wondering. Will the Diamonds webcams be up that day? I told my wife she'd be able to keep an eye on me if they were!;)

Donovan

Silver Member
chilli66 said:
I really want to make it this one, but I have one little concern that Donovan is not going to like. Do we have to play Swede?

I know I've watched you guys play it & it looks interesting but if we're going to have a bunch of us meeting up for the first time I'd rather we played something more conventional. I just think it'd save us time if we play a game we're all familiar with plus it'll give us a better measure of each others game.

You know 8ball is my game of choice but I'm happy with 9ball, 10ball or whatever if we run it tourney style. I do think we should stick to one format though, it got a little long last time. And definitely no lagging for the trophy this time!:D

Just my opinion. However it goes I'm sure it'll be another great day.

Brother, we can do what ever you guys want. I just thought it would be fun to try something different. Any game is fine with me. I was just thinking of ways to get more people playing at one time was all. Plus, I like mixing it up a bit and not just doing the same old thing everytime. But you guys pick a game and I'll take ya....I mean play. :) Although there did seem to be some dissention and jokes thrown around about 1-pocket and banks , last time around. :D So, you may want to keep those out of the lineup.;)

Inzombiac

Silver Member
Oh man I would LOVE to come up there and hang with you guys. But I think I'll still be on Virginia for the US Open or I'll at least be on my way back. But I'd be so tempted to just fly up there if I did go cus that SA-Dallas drive sux driving alone.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Donovan said:
Brother, we can do what ever you guys want. I just thought it would be fun to try something different. Any game is fine with me. I was just thinking of ways to get more people playing at one time was all. Plus, I like mixing it up a bit and not just doing the same old thing everytime. But you guys pick a game and I'll take ya....I mean play. :) Although there did seem to be some dissention and jokes thrown around about 1-pocket and banks , last time around. :D So, you may want to keep those out of the lineup.;)

Definitely no banks! Damn cross-side banks are still killing me but the long ones fly in! Ugh, I remember when I was good at banks.:(

I know there is another person interested in this meet. He's new to AZB, lurking & not posting yet (I know you're out there, loc712!)

Inzombiac, it'd be great if you could make it but if you're gonna be somewhere else I'd say the Open is a hell of a good choice!