AZB get-together with Danny DiLiberto - May 24th

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
For any of those AZB'ers interested; Danny DiLiberto will be visiting Betmore's Basement in Indianapolis on Saturday May 24th at noon.

I will provide food and beverages, Danny D. will give a little clinic (mainly one-pocket and straight pool), and then we will head to a local pool hall for some play (with Danny rotating around).

It should be fun, let me know if you are interested and I can give you further details.

As many know, Danny D.'s daughter has a severe, debilitating illness; all proceeds go to Danny D. I hope you can attend.
 
Hey, didn't you all have a get-together a year or so ago with Danny?

As I recall, there was some talk about Italian cooking. Inquiring minds want to know what was on the menu then and what will be on the menu this year as well! :D

I'm sure a good time is to be had by all! :)

JAM
 
JAM said:
Hey, didn't you all have a get-together a year or so ago with Danny?

As I recall, there was some talk about Italian cooking. Inquiring minds want to know what was on the menu then and what will be on the menu this year as well! :D

JAM

JAM,
I've had Danny over a few times, but just for private lessons. Here is a link to the first visit:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=7430&highlight=Hail

Danny always tries to cook for us, and it is ALWAYS delicious. He is a true master of the game, and fun to be around.

Here is a link to an AZB get-together we had with Grady Mathews; there are some pictures of the Basement included for those that don't believe anyone escapes:


http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=59123&highlight=Grady


It is ALWAYS a good time in Betmore's Basement when the pro's visit. There is a guy named Keith McCready who is always welcome; I'm sure we could put together a great AZB event if he is ever travelling through, and wanted to visit (could certainly help defray the cost of a trip).
 
Williebetmore said:
JAM,
I've had Danny over a few times, but just for private lessons. Here is a link to the first visit:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=7430&highlight=Hail

Danny always tries to cook for us, and it is ALWAYS delicious. He is a true master of the game, and fun to be around.

Here is a link to an AZB get-together we had with Grady Mathews; there are some pictures of the Basement included for those that don't believe anyone escapes:


http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=59123&highlight=Grady


It is ALWAYS a good time in Betmore's Basement when the pro's visit. There is a guy named Keith McCready who is always welcome; I'm sure we could put together a great AZB event if he is ever travelling through, and wanted to visit (could certainly help defray the cost of a trip).

Wow, those are great pictures and cool threads to read.

I hope we can come to Betmore's Basement sometime. What a kind invitation, one which I hope we can have the opportunity to enjoy.

I must see that Betmore Trophy before I die. From what I hear, it is a life-changing pool experience for sure! :p

JAM
 
JAM said:
Wow, those are great pictures and cool threads to read.

I must see that Betmore Trophy before I die. From what I hear, it is a life-changing pool experience for sure! :p

JAM

JAM,
Yes, the Betmore Cup is magnificent. Mark Griffin is considering an attempt to win possession of the Cup; but I believe he doesn't have the gumption to step up and play (the pressure of competing for such a prize is something that few can endure.....especially someone from Alaska).

Also a bump for the thread. There is still room left for the Danny D. session (I will probably limit it to 8, and we have 3 or 4 so far).

There have been quite a few prominent pro's visit Betmore's Basement, and I believe we may be able to convince Efren Reyes to visit Betmore's Basement near DCC time; but he's no Keith McCready....you guys are always welcome
 
Last edited:
Guests so far:

WBM
eales
Hal2

A very prominent professional will attend also; schedule permitting. Hopefully that will add a bit to the event.

There are several local professionals who are trying to re-arrange their schedule to attend. Even the pro's feel there is value in learning from the old masters....there's a lesson in that for all of the true students of the game.
 
More news; AZB-lurker Jeanette Lee (I think she was that famous actress in the Hitchcock movie "Psycho") has signed up for the get-together. Should be fun (actresses can't play at all, so maybe we can get her in a money game).

Attendee's so far:

WBM
elvicash
eales
Hal2
Andy B.
FastJK
Jeanette Lee

A little bit of room left; let me know if you can join the festivities.
 
Williebetmore said:
More news; AZB-lurker Jeanette Lee (I think she was that famous actress in the Hitchcock movie "Psycho") has signed up for the get-together. Should be fun (actresses can't play at all, so maybe we can get her in a money game).

Attendee's so far:

WBM
elvicash
eales
Hal2
Andy B.
FastJK
Jeanette Lee

A little bit of room left; let me know if you can join the festivities.

That Jeanette Lee attendee should add some life to the party! :D

Sounds like a great time. Don't forget those pictures! :p

JAM
 
Back
Top