azbilliards player rep and reporter duo?

Purdman said:
Ms. P has done 200 wpm in a test with 5 mistakes! That was about 10 years ago. She has owned and operated a medical transcription business for 25 years. That gal can bang out 150 words per minute that most of us can't spell or pronounce much less know the meaning. She worked for 5 pediatric cardiologist at a time.
She also has macros for all the doctors these days which makes it much easier.
Purdman

Wow. I can't wait to see you guys again, so I can talk to your lovely wife. The current record-holder today that is in the Guinness World Book of Records is a lady that typed 170-something WPM, but it was done on a converted keyboard, not the standard keyboard. 200 WPM on a standard keyboard could get your wife in the record books. Now, that would be pretty cool. Most speed typists can't seem to get over 170 WPM in typing contests. So this would be definitely worth you guys looking into. :)

Court reporters must be able to stenotype 225 WPM to be certified, but this is done on a stenotype machine, of course! :p

JAM
 
Kid Dynomite said:
I was thinking more along the lines of Jam as the roving reporter for AZB more so than Keith as player representative. But, if she is there you know keith is by her side. She could have her own section to post pictures and stories and it could be called "Jamming with Jam". In return, you split expenses or sponsor keith or pay her what ever you two agree to. That way, it is not upsetting anyone! Plus, she has all the supplies she needs and will do a top flight job in my opinion. Plus, she has a loyal following that read her post already!

She is not looking to get rich off this stuff, just have fun and offset some of the the financial lose she has from leaving her business weeks at a time. Just a little something for her time could bring the earthquake out of retirement. Plus, I really think it would make her and keith happy if they can figure away that things make sense playing pool and working at the same time.

You have a request for writers on the board and I am recommending JAM as a candidate for the job! Sponsoring keith or splitting expenses is just an alternative form of compensation.

You are very kind with your thoughts. I'm kind of comfy contributing to the forum on the fly. It's part of my free-bird independent stance I seem to have taken in the autumn of my life.

Keith will be back on the tournament trail soon. He has a few situations that he is dealing with today, but believe me, he's raring to go. Money isn't why he has not competed in a pool tournament since the IPT event in Reno last September.

This weekend, we're going to Rockville to see Tiger Woods at Congressional Country Club. Keith is REALLY looking forward to it, and I am dreading it, visioning the endless trails and walking up and down hills like a mountain goat, and then there's that dreaded D.C. humidity. Oh, boy! :rolleyes:

JAM
 
JAM said:
This weekend, we're going to Rockville to see Tiger Woods at Congressional Country Club. Keith is REALLY looking forward to it, and I am dreading it, visioning the endless trails and walking up and down hills like a mountain goat, and then there's that dreaded D.C. humidity. Oh, boy! :rolleyes:

JAM

We'll be scanning the crowds for you folks. Are you planning on following Tigers group around ? Or find a nice shady spot by an interesting hole and watch the groups go by ?

Dave, a bit jealous
 
JAM said:
That's a tough test and was well designed to make your fingers have to stretch and almost think for themselves! :p

I've been typing for so many years that I can actually go into cruise control when I transcribe. When I began typing, I learned on a manual typewriter and did 95 WPM. Today, I am at approximately 150 WPM on a keyboard, most times faster because of my software (word macros) I use in transcription. I have about 300-plus common words that I use from my self-created dictionary that come up all the time, like "anything" would be "a-g-space," "whether or not" would be "w-n-space," "preponderance of the evidence" would be "p-p-space," and "That is correct" would be "t-i-c-space."

My score on that test, without word macros, was 146 WPM. Taking a 5-minute typing test is a good measure to calculate speed. Errors get deducted from the total score, et cetera.

Keith may have been able to give the world the 8 at one time, but I may be able to give the world 15 WPM. Maybe I should get me a shirt that says, "The World's Got 15 WPM." Get me on a field of green, however, and every responder to this thread can more than likely give me the 3 and out. :o

JAM


I don't know......errr as they say....IDK.... JAM....I have few nieces and nephews that can do 150 words a minute on a sidekick...

Those thumbs be a flying when they get to text messaging these days. ;)
 
DaveK said:
We'll be scanning the crowds for you folks. Are you planning on following Tigers group around ? Or find a nice shady spot by an interesting hole and watch the groups go by ?

Dave, a bit jealous

Keith will probably want to follow Tiger, but I am sure the crowds will be brutal. :(

Last golf tournament I went to, I pooped out after the 6th hole and IMMEDIATELY advanced to the 18th hole and sat down on the grass. Keith placed himself at the office on the 18th hole where the golfers turn in their scorecards, hanging out with all the children, trying to get the golfers' autographs on a baseball cap. It was pretty funny to see him in a "fan mode." :D



JAM
 
BRKNRUN said:
I don't know......errr as they say....IDK.... JAM....I have few nieces and nephews that can do 150 words a minute on a sidekick...

Those thumbs be a flying when they get to text messaging these days. ;)

I know. I see those kids doing that text messaging and can't figure out how they tap on such a small keyboard. It is truly amazing! :p

JAM
 
Back
Top