AZer's got together in San Antonio last night!

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Txplshrk, Poolplaya9, myself (Stones) along with some of their friends, Josh, his wife Dee, Lee Rosa and Chris S. met at Fast Eddie's-Embassy in San Antonio last night. A great time was had by all.

Txplshrk, from Corpus Christi, was in town on business and put the call out via AZ Billiards forum to meet up with fellow pool nuts and we answered the call.

One surprise was Poolplaya9 and myself, have known each other for about 10 years or so, but didn't know each other through our screen names on this board.

After the introductions were made, everyone was starving and ordered up some finger foods and drinks. After all, you can't go into battle on an empty stomach.

After playing some "winner stays on" challenge 9 ball, we finally grabbed a second 9'er because no one was wanting to wait as they had all come to play.

Along with some great play, the war stories and gossip of the pool world flowed. Stories of big action, little action, rivalries, forum threads, and jokes were topics of dicussion.

Txplshrk is a fine young man with an itch to learn everything he can about the game that you don't see in too many players. He is going about it correctly by getting instructions from some top flight instructors and is willing to travel and put the time in on the table also.

Anyway, it was a good time had by all and I hope to do it again soon.

Stones
 
Last edited:
Thanks Stones

Hey Stones, thanks for the kind words. I had a blast last night, and if I can get my homework done I might shoot back over there for a little while tonight. I will have to see how much I have though.

I really do want to learn as much as possible, but 40+ hours a week at work and going to college takes up a lot of time!

I decided about a year ago to learn all I can right now and as soon as I get done with school in about 3 years I will have more time to devote to practice. It doesn't hurt to practice as much as I can right now though. LOL

I hope to get up here about once a month and take you up on that offer though. I hope your wife doesn't get mad. LOL

Thanks for the tips last night, and if I get a chance I will call you tonight.
 
A fun time was had by all. Always good to see old friends, and to meet new ones. We should look to do it again down the road, and hopefully even more will join in the next time around.
Kevin
 
Sounds good

That sounds good Kevin, I will have to hit you guys up everytime I am in town. You shoot a pretty mean stick, and you were right that none of us were at Stone's level! LOL

I will be there in about 10 years! LOL

Oh by the way, SA has some women that have some pretty good speed too! I am glad I wasn't playing the gal next to us!
 
Hooligans

I think I am off to Hooligans tonight over here by my hotel. I am kind of tired, and I want to get to bed early. I will shoot a few racks eat some grub and get to bed a little earlier tonight. LOL
 
Stones said:
Txplshrk, Poolplaya9, myself (Stones) along with some of their friends, Josh, his wife Dee, Lee Rosa and Chris S. met at Fast Eddie's-Embassy in San Antonio last night. A great time was had by all.

Txplshrk, from Corpus Christi, was in town on business and put the call out via AZ Billiards forum to meet up with fellow pool nuts and we answered the call.

One surprise was Poolplaya9 and myself, have known each other for about 10 years or so, but didn't know each other through our screen names on this board.

After the introductions were made, everyone was starving and ordered up some finger foods and drinks. After all, you can't go into battle on an empty stomach.

After playing some "winner stays on" challenge 9 ball, we finally grabbed a second 9'er because no one was wanting to wait as they had all come to play.

Along with some great play, the war stories and gossip of the pool world flowed. Stories of big action, little action, rivalries, forum threads, and jokes were topics of dicussion.

Txplshrk is a fine young man with an itch to learn everything he can about the game that you don't see in too many players. He is going about it correctly by getting instructions from some top flight instructors and is willing to travel and put the time in on the table also.

Anyway, it was a good time had by all and I hope to do it again soon.

Stones

That Txplshrk guy is a great guy! Oh, Stones, too. :) <yes, I know, I still owe you a drink>
 
Thanks Melinda!

You going to be at Fast Eddies this weekend? Or you going to the Vicking stop up there near you?
 
txplshrk said:
You going to be at Fast Eddies this weekend? Or you going to the Vicking stop up there near you?

I'm coming to San Antonio! :)

I'll be there Sunday morning (b/c from Thursday through Saturday I'll be helping my parents).

See you this weekend.
 
10/4 see you this weekend...................have a great week! Don't work too hard.
 
Nice thread. Sounds like some good guys and good players hooked up and had a hell of a good time.
 
Glad to hear you guys had a blast. I loved it when we had ours back in May & I'm looking forward to the next. Next time I'm down San Antonio I'll have to try & meet some of you. You all sound like good folks to me.
 
Stones said:
Sorry we missed you, Zom.

Stones
Next time ;)

Maybe I'll even see some of you at Embassy this weekend? I'm gonna try to make the tourney but I don't know for sure. If anything I'll be there to watch.
 
Inzombiac said:
Next time ;)

Maybe I'll even see some of you at Embassy this weekend? I'm gonna try to make the tourney but I don't know for sure. If anything I'll be there to watch.


I will be playing in it at least on Sat! LOL I will give ya a call!
 
txplshrk said:
That sounds good Kevin, I will have to hit you guys up everytime I am in town. You shoot a pretty mean stick, and you were right that none of us were at Stone's level! LOL

I will be there in about 10 years! LOL

Oh by the way, SA has some women that have some pretty good speed too! I am glad I wasn't playing the gal next to us!

Sun shines on a dog's rump every once in a while. What can I say? I got lucky.

Stones
 
Back
Top