Back from BCA Vegas

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Wow, what a fun time Vegas was. Lots of great matches to watch and lots of people to meet.

What did everyone think of Dave's brackets? Were they easy to follow?

Mike

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
Wow, what a fun time Vegas was. Lots of great matches to watch and lots of people to meet.

Mike

Howdy Mike,
What could be the reason for not using the traditional,widely accepted,easy to read brackets ? Dave`s brackets are very chaotic and I do not like them.Cheers
Vagabond

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike,

I, along with virtually everyone else I spoke with, were totally confused with the brackets Dean posted after each round of play. For me, the numbers were way too small. At least he didn't use a twenty four hour clock as they did at the Midwest. If you imagined the small sheets as just parts of a large board it made sense. Otherwise, people were lost! Sometimes easier is not better!

RunArak

Dead Account
Silver Member
I hated the brackets as well. Too difficult to navigate and too much back and forth.
I prefer the brackets that the WPBA uses, all brackets on one page without going back and forth. They are by far the most user friendly and easiest to navigate.
Just my 2 cents..

Joe

sharandrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:

Mike

The brackets needed more clarity. We are all used to a standard double elimination chart. :)

davesyrja

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sharandrew said:
The brackets needed more clarity. We are all used to a standard double elimination chart. :)

I just got back to Victoria this evening and first thing tomorrow I'll be revising the charts so they will be much larger and easier to read. I'm looking at making the type very large, perhaps

This Big

There will be other changes to make it extremely simple to find your next match.

Just to clear up some confusion, the charts I do ARE true double elimination charts. The presentation is just different. I can handle up to a 4096 entry field as one true double elimination tournament - not a bunch of 64's or 128's cobbled together.

I appreciate the comments and I'm sure you will like the improvements the next time you see my software in action.

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi Dave,

I had to leave so fast Sunday, I wasn't sure I said thanks for the all the hard work on the players behalf.

Your next assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to figure out how to slow down Mr & Mrs Wilson! They play great pool both individually and as "scotch doubles". Victoria should be proud of "all you all"! I guess this message won't self destruct in five seconds so, your safe for now! :D

davesyrja

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cardiac kid said:
Hi Dave,

I had to leave so fast Sunday, I wasn't sure I said thanks for the all the hard work on the players behalf.

Your next assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to figure out how to slow down Mr & Mrs Wilson! They play great pool both individually and as "scotch doubles". Victoria should be proud of "all you all"! I guess this message won't self destruct in five seconds so, your safe for now! :D

Yep,

The Wilsons play good pool. Unfortunately they play on teams other than the one I play on in our Victoria BCA league. Good for them since I can't run 3 friggin balls.

The tournament was great, but those 14-18 hour days can get a little draggy. The only time I stepped out of the hotel was to catch a cab to the airport.

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Dave thanks for all your efforts. I didnt have any trouble following the chart. If you can read you could follow the course. The only problem I had was with the SMALL print. For someone who needs trifocals it was a problem, Thanks again.