Balance Rite Extension Defect 2015 *Video*

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JustaBridge will solve all your problems.
Been using mine since they first came out.
Never had any issues whatsoever.

And you don't have to stand there and untighten the shaft and butt and the tighten
butt to the extension and tighten shaft to the extension and then after the shot
untighten butt to extension and untighten shaft to extension and tighten shaft to butt
to go back.....lol

Just grab the bridge and go.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Karen uses a 2 1/2" extension made by AZ's newsherrifintown.

I've been using one of his ebony 4" extensions on my already 60" cue for about a year now...rolls laser straight and I love the hit and balance. I tried a Balance Rite, two different ones in 5/16x14 on all my different shafts and butts (Schon, Joss, GEM and -R-), none of them could even screw on more than half way for some reason, shaft or butt. Newsherrifintown made me mine sight unseen and it fits like a glove on everything I have. Don't know about Balance Rite quality control, but newsherrifintown has his process right.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Building those extensions is machining 101.

It would be the kind of project for someone who just got a lathe and was running it for the first time and they would probably make it perfect.
You are being too kind to the manufacture and giving them a pass.
Well, I think what I said above is that it's almost certainly not in the cue if the cue was straight to start with.

But I'm curious about the actual technique that would be used to make the faces of the extender parallel. I can think of several ways but I'm wondering what a machinist would likely use.

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one in March from Seyberts, and the one I received did not have any issues. I used it for several months and there was no roll or "dog-legging". [I stopped using it because I found that I play better without it, but that's neither here nor there.]

Not taking sides here at all, just sharing my personal experience. Seems like I may have gotten lucky.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one in March from Seyberts, and the one I received did not have any issues. I used it for several months and there was no roll or "dog-legging". [I stopped using it because I found that I play better without it, but that's neither here nor there.]

Not taking sides here at all, just sharing my personal experience. Seems like I may have gotten lucky.

Very interesting, because the one I bought from Seyberts back on December was perfect, no issues at all. That's the first one I test in the video.

What connector did you order with the Balance Rite?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Very interesting thread. I'd been thinking of trying one, but I'm pretty tall, so rarely use a bridge..and can't remember the last time I used a bridge on a 7' table.

Hell, pool players these days are becoming as over gadgeted as golfers!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I think what I said above is that it's almost certainly not in the cue if the cue was straight to start with.

But I'm curious about the actual technique that would be used to make the faces of the extender parallel. I can think of several ways but I'm wondering what a machinist would likely use.

If it is going to have collars you turn the ends of the raw piece and glue on the collars at the same time create centers . The rest is done in one procedure between centers.

Take a pass or two to true it up and size the diameter. Then at the same time with a bit ground for the purpose face off each end. At that point it is all concentric.

You then put the piece in the chuck, center it using the OD and install the screw and insert. It's pretty easy. Except for the waiting time for glue to dry and applying finish. If you said "Go", I could make the piece in 15 minutes and it would be perfect.

I am sure there are several other ways to do it as well.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
I bought one almost a year ago. I think it rolled straight with my pred shaft. recent bought a Z2 and it made the cue wobble. I've been playing without the extension...

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In life, When one door closes another will open and lead to an even better journey. (At least that's been my experience so far). The balance rite flaw was not any different.

After posting about this problem with the balance rite (and receiving silence from cute and case regarding the problem after talking to the president of the company)I was contacted by AZ member Blokid - http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=90248

Not only did this gentleman build a great extension to replace my balance rite- it is flawless and performs exactly as expected.

I urge anyone who is not satisfied with their balance rite, or thinking about getting one, to contact this guy and set up an order. You will not be disappointed. His communication was stellar and the turn around time was faster than I ever thought it could be.

View his profile here - http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=90248

Special thanks to Blokid. I'll be playing with this extension for quite a while.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

Thanks to Cardigan Kid for the pm on these balance rites I was going to get on but after
what he told me I did a little checking. I went to a friend that had a balance rite and put it
on my cue it made it jump and inch or more just unbelievable.

So after that I went a head a few weeks ago and paid New Sheiff to make me a 3in ebony
Extension, I hope to have it in a few more weeks and when I do I'll give an update.

Thanks again Cardigan Kid without that pm I would have more than likely wasted 30 or 40
bucks.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to Cardigan Kid for the pm on these balance rites I was going to get on but after
what he told me I did a little checking. I went to a friend that had a balance rite and put it
on my cue it made it jump and inch or more just unbelievable.

So after that I went a head a few weeks ago and paid New Sheiff to make me a 3in ebony
Extension, I hope to have it in a few more weeks and when I do I'll give an update.

Thanks again Cardigan Kid without that pm I would have more than likely wasted 30 or 40
bucks.

Without AZ Billiards this wouldn't be at all possible.
That's the beauty of this site. Where information can be freely passed to make the sport more accessible.

Let's face it, we are all involved with a niche sport here and problems/misinformation can easily be passed on without the checks and balances of the usual media that other larger sports enjoy. This place is our system for learning, development and research.

I'm happy to be part of it. And always glad to help.

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member
Just an FYI. I had the same problem with the Riley Sight Right extension. I bought this extension because I shoot almost exclusively with my off hand these days and pre-shot alignment is sometimes an issue. The sight right gadget seemed to work fine and did help some but the extension made my cue so crooked that any benefit is lost. It's on it's way back to pooldawg and they've been great with customer service.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an FYI. I had the same problem with the Riley Sight Right extension. I bought this extension because I shoot almost exclusively with my off hand these days and pre-shot alignment is sometimes an issue. The sight right gadget seemed to work fine and did help some but the extension made my cue so crooked that any benefit is lost. It's on it's way back to pooldawg and they've been great with customer service.

Aren't those also made by Cue and Case?

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to take my BR to a cue maker to have it trued. Works fine now. Have used it for 2 years and love it. The 2oz in the middle of the cue feels great.

John

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
update

I got my 3 inch ebony extension from AZ Member Sheriff, I can't say enough on how good
of a job he did. My cue rolls perfect with it and I love using it.

Futher more he did exactly what he said he was going to do, he said 6 weeks and I got it in
6 weeks. And I even payed for it up front so if he had wanted to he could have taking his sweet time but
he didnt. He's a great person to deal. Thanks again Sheriff.
Sean.

Last edited: