Ball cleaner polisher comparison

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking online at ball polishers this week. I recently read someones opinion that Diamond makes the best pall polisher but they are also very expensive. I was wondering if most people on here thought that same way. I see Ballstar polishers far cheaper but they do not look very heavy duty. I have seen Bludworth polishers and they seem to be comparable to Diamond at a lesser price. I believe the Diamond may actually have a quieter operation volume but does it work as well? Do the Bludworth chemicals contain any wax? Will they leave a residue on the balls. Which do you think is the best product and why?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
best cleaner polisher is turtle wax= scratch remover and polisher for cars in the green can.

no wax left and takes off all the dirt and marks. i do it by hand only as it works easily.
it isnt a harsh rubbing compound. then wash the ball off and rub a little with mr. clean eraser and done. will even bring back older balls that have lost luster.

you dont thiink aramith or the other cleaners make their own wax do you. they just can some other and change the name is my best guess.

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ball Cleaner

I agree,been using Turtle Wax the last twenty years at home,works great.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have no complaints with the Ballstar. It is a quality unit.
The cleaning solution that comes with the Ballstar is designed for that unit. I will continue to use it.
........ as for hand polishing it is very time consuming

Last edited:

cuesterpat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best Ball Cleaner

Diamond hands down! I use Brillianize plastic cleaner in it. Balls look new after every polish.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I custom built one and use Aramith's ball cleaner.
I have a 5 min timer on mine so they come out shiny and then I wipe them down just to make sure there is no residue.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have a bloodworth
have not had a problem with it
i use maguiars ultimate quik detail
i like it better than brillianize
might try turtle wax based on posts above

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I custom built one and use Aramith's ball cleaner.
I have a 5 min timer on mine so they come out shiny and then I wipe them down just to make sure there is no residue.

exact same here less the timer. it doesnt spin as fast as the good models so it takes alittle longer. I do about 5 balls at a time

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
exact same here less the timer. it doesnt spin as fast as the good models so it takes alittle longer. I do about 5 balls at a time

I have mine setup for a full 16 balls at a time. It spins them good. Some are a little faster than others, but they all get done in 5 mins. :)

illusivetrout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a ballstar that works great with the supplied cleaner. Why would you want to put wax on a billiard ball?Would wax give the ball a lack of adhesion to the cloth?I've seen 3c trick shot artists use silicone for lack of adhesion but you don't really need this effect all the time.

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
have a homemade polisher that works great (the orbital polisher upside down in a bucket one) and use aramith ball cleaner...

very happy with results and didn't have to spend much $$$.

ps - you are not supposed to wax the balls. they are not supposed to have any coatings on them. the polish cleans them... does not leave any residue or wax.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
are you kiddin they love wax on the balls. this way they can draw the length of the table and get all kinds of position they couldnt without a stroke and more knowledge. it makes the game much easier until they go to a pool room that doesnt wax them. but unfortunately many pool rooms are doing just that.
most waxes have silicone in them nowadays.

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent a lot of time upstairs in the Straight Pool challenge area at DCC the last two days and was AMAZED at how quiet the Diamond ball polisher runs. They were cleaning the balls as the guys were doing the high run events. Very smooth, low pitched sound. If I had to get one for home I think that would have sold me.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned a Ballstar machine for the past 14 years....it works great.
By the way, the 4 most popular pool halls in Fresno all use Ballstars..

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J13smiley got it right....... .The BCA Rules specify that:

All balls must be composed of cast phenolic resin plastic and measure 2 ¼ (+.005) inches [5.715 cm (+ .127 mm)] in diameter and weigh 5 ½ to 6 oz [156 to 170 gms].

Pool balls should be unpolished, and should also not be waxed

Balls should be cleaned with a towel or cloth free of dirt and dust, and may also be washed with soap and water.

Balls contaminated with any slippery substance - treated with a polishing or rubbing compound and/or waxed - must be cleansed and dewaxed
with a clean cloth moistened with diluted alcohol before play.

Forbin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith cleaner contains wax

Once again, the Aramith ball cleaner contains wax. But many believe the rule against waxing the balls is misguided.

have a homemade polisher that works great (the orbital polisher upside down in a bucket one) and use aramith ball cleaner...

very happy with results and didn't have to spend much $$$.

ps - you are not supposed to wax the balls. they are not supposed to have any coatings on them. the polish cleans them... does not leave any residue or wax.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
are you kiddin they love wax on the balls. this way they can draw the length of the table and get all kinds of position they couldnt without a stroke and more knowledge. it makes the game much easier until they go to a pool room that doesnt wax them. but unfortunately many pool rooms are doing just that.
most waxes have silicone in them nowadays.

Man, I gotta get some of that:thumbup:

I use the 5 gallon bucket and the buffing wheel. Only I put carpet in the bottom and set the buffer on top.

Would be sweet to have a pro model, but $$$

Last edited: