Ball set used on The Hustlers TruTV?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mikey or anyone in the know... what are the ball sets used on the TV show? They look like centennials, but have 4 darts instead of 2. Furthermore, some of the sets are mixed up, having some balls with 2 darts, and some with 4. Below are two screenshots from the show. Just curious, I've never seen balls like these before. Thanks.

IMG_0818 (1).jpg
The 6 has 2 darts, all the others have 4 in this picture.

IMG_0819 (1).jpg
The 1 has 2 darts, all the other visible balls have 4 in this picture.

Supersam1914

Registered
That poolhall uses centenials on some tables and like the photo shown above those are olhausen and they hit like garbage , equipment sucks in there , bouncy isnt the word on most tables .

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does it really matter

I dont want to antagonize, but unless the balls are not round, way off 8n weight, or out of balance, how do they play bad?

Supersam1914

Registered
Both pics show one centential ball lol all the balls are mixed up in there , they care more about the carpet then the racks and balls lmao.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont want to antagonize, but unless the balls are not round, way off 8n weight, or out of balance, how do they play bad?

Yes it matters, mis-matched balls don't rack right and react off the cueball funny. The cheaper sets are way too lively and the cueball moves too easily.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mikey or anyone in the know... what are the ball sets used on the TV show? They look like centennials, but have 4 darts instead of 2. Furthermore, some of the sets are mixed up, having some balls with 2 darts, and some with 4. Below are two screenshots from the show. Just curious, I've never seen balls like these before. Thanks.

View attachment 386483
The 6 has 2 darts, all the others have 4 in this picture.

View attachment 386484
The 1 has 2 darts, all the other visible balls have 4 in this picture.

There is a nice gap between the four and nine in the top rack:grin-square:

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cling, slide and rebound are the 3 off the top of my head that come to mind. There may be others if we take the time to think about it, but those 3 things can have a big effect on a game.

I have the top of the line Aramith at home and had to buy a cheap set as well because they play so much better than the standard cheap ones at the bars/pool halls that it would throw off my game if I used those exclusively too long and then went out to shoot.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The plot thickens...

The picture dontlitethat posted looks like the set from the TV show. Upon google search, that set is made in South Korea.

I tried searching for Olhausen billiard balls and couldn't find anything on google images that looks at all like the balls on the TV show.

Cleary and Supersam, are you guys sure Olhausen made a set like this? Or maybe they are reselling the "Diamond" branded set from South Korea?