Barry Bartram just called me and told me this..

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry, just called me and said they played about 80 hours this week, 2 sessions at Cinnatty Oh, and one session at JOB's, the JOB set took 17 hours, Alex won that set.

then they went to Oh and played 2 sessions, the first one they played 17 hours and took a break, then came back for 28 hours and that was the end of the first set Alex won 11 ahread after 45 hour (thats just one set:eek: ),

then they flipped a coin right away played 9 more hours straight, that makes 37 hours straight without going to bed or any long breaks. Then took sleep 8 hour sleep break and Chris only slept 4 hours because the fire alarm woke him up. Then they started back up and played 26 hours no breaks and Chris won that one. If you do the math Chris played 52 hours of pool with 4 hours of sleep in the middle of over 2 days,,,wow.


so the total score is Alex 2 Chris 1, but even in Oh.


i'm writing this as Barry his brother is telling me on the phone. he verified the playing with time the people who work there and some of the rail birds. So its on the square, No dope etc. Wow these guys are true warriors, He asked me to post this but he wanted the playing times to be accurate, so he just hung up and is calling me back as I finish this post(i'm now a news reporter FatboyNews.com ;) ). I cant imagine what that would be like, even back in the speed days it was rare to see this, I have alot of respect for Barry Chris and Alex. Hardcore is an understatment.


Barry said the table in Oh is a super tough table ,the pockets look rather easy but dont take balls very well. Chris only made a handful of his money balls on the break, so the breaks didnt end up being as big of a factor as they expected. "the money balls were absolutely were NOT a factor on the break only" Barry is telling me as I type this, he is also helping spell too, what a friend.:)

The table is in a seluded back room and did a good job there were about 25-30 railbirds at any given time, This was at Micheal's Billiards, in Cincy Oh. Barry and Chris said it is a top shelf room, for big action, nobody walking by or getting in the way of shots, line of sight ect.

Chris is still looking for other action. "He is ready to dance" Barry just told me. And said Alex is a great guy too. No bad blood between these warriors. They both are first class big time pool players no funny business etc.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the news Fatboy. I still say that long sets are good for the house and the railbirds, and in some cases the bankers. They are not the best way for top players to make moey. Johnnyt
 
Fatboy said:
Barry, just called me and said they played about 80 hours this week, 2 sessions at Cinnatty Oh, and one session at JOB's, the JOB set took 17 hours, Alex won that set.

then they went to Oh and played 2 sessions, the first one they played 17 hours and took a break, then came back for 28 hours and that was the end of the first set Alex won 11 ahread after 45 hour (thats just one set:eek: ),

then they flipped a coin right away played 9 more hours straight, that makes 37 hours straight without going to bed or any long breaks. Then took sleep 8 hour sleep break and Chris only slept 4 hours because the fire alarm woke him up. Then they started back up and played 26 hours no breaks and Chris won that one. If you do the math Chris played 52 hours of pool with 4 hours of sleep in the middle of over 2 days,,,wow.


so the total score is Alex 2 Chris 1, but even in Oh.


i'm writing this as Barry his brother is telling me on the phone. he verified the playing with time the people who work there and some of the rail birds. So its on the square, No dope etc. Wow these guys are true warriors, He asked me to post this but he wanted the playing times to be accurate, so he just hung up and is calling me back as I finish this post(i'm now a news reporter FatboyNews.com ;) ). I cant imagine what that would be like, even back in the speed days it was rare to see this, I have alot of respect for Barry Chris and Alex. Hardcore is an understatment.


Barry said the table in Oh is a super tough table ,the pockets look rather easy but dont take balls very well. Chris only made a handful of his money balls on the break, so the breaks didnt end up being as big of a factor as they expected. "the money balls were absolutely were NOT a factor on the break only" Barry is telling me as I type this, he is also helping spell too, what a friend.:)

The table is in a seluded back room and did a good job there were about 25-30 railbirds at any given time, This was at Micheal's Billiards, in Cincy Oh. Barry and Chris said it is a top shelf room, for big action, nobody walking by or getting in the way of shots, line of sight ect.

Chris is still looking for other action. "He is ready to dance" Barry just told me. And said Alex is a great guy too. No bad blood between these warriors. They both are first class big time pool players no funny business etc.
The pockets, i can assure you dont LOOK easy they LOOK tough and play tough. That has to be one of the hardest tables around also because it has the old diamond rubber on it which makes it slower and even tougher to get around on!!! Any package on that table and you are playing well
 
Johnnyt said:
Thanks for the news Fatboy. I still say that long sets are good for the house and the railbirds, and in some cases the bankers. They are not the best way for top players to make moey. Johnnyt


that call was a suprise to me, I am just sitting here working and he called me out of the blue. I asked him if I could post it and he said "Sure". I know Barry from the rail, he is a great guy, a class act. Someday I'm gonna play Chris here in Vegas, he offered me a game I like, they know I cant play these long sets, even when I was in top shape I could never last more than 6-8 hours, i start seeing spots, how these guys do it is as impressive as how good they play, After I made the post Barry told me that Chris is more fired up for action than ever-he will go anywhere to play anyone, no matter what, an easy game like mine or a tough game like Alex he dosent care he loves to play and has more heart that anyone I can ever remember, Keith back in the day was like that, I would have to think about it to come up with someone who played that lonf, Monk- Warren Constanzo would play for 2 days straight. Wow I have huge respect for him and Barry, I have spoken to Barry more than Chris and they are both the kind of people we need in pool, hardcore dedicated players, not lock artists,

I think the spot he offered me is way out of line, but were gonna start there and adjust-i wont say what it is, when we find a even tough game(what we both want then we'll make it public) Chris is fearless, like Morro in LA. not the best player in the world but just plain ole fearless, he dosent have a good read on me, I asked him for a huge spot and he said "Ok" no questions asked, we then agreed to adjust to make it a level game. that takes alot of heart and balls, even if he does have a line I dont think he has a chance but he is willing to come to Vegas and give it a shot on his nickle.
 
for some of the people that argue pool isn't a sport, i'd like to see how their body would feel after a 52 hour session. i played for just 12 hours the other day and the next day my back was stiff and my shoulder blade was sore. it's not like i'm out of shape either... i can bench 250 lbs and work out all the time... playing pool for an extended period of time just exercises your body in ways you're not used to. i wonder how many times you have to bend over and stand up then bend over and stand back up again in a 52 hour session. those guys are soldiers...
 
xianmacx said:
Fatboy,

Are they going to play a 3rd set or are they finished?


they are done as of now(I dont know why), Chris is beat, Barry sounded good, I dont know what their plans are, I dont know why they arnt going to play Alex again he didnt tell me I didnt ask. He said Alex didnt miss a ball when they first got there for the first 4 hours, he said it seemed that way, I watched Alex at the Derby and he was playing great so againdt my better judgment I bet against SVB and lost, after I told the world not to bet aginst him. Oh well it was $$$ i won betting on him. Gambling money has no home as they say....unless you own a casino.


They really would like to find action in that area soon, Barry asked me to make it a point to let it be known they are ready and have $$$. I can contact him if there is any action just PM me and i'll put who ever in touch with them. He didnt say but I would guess $1,000 would be the smallest bet, so please dont PM me unless its real. I'm not backing him or have anything to do with it, I'm just doing them a favor, so they can get pumped up before they play me. He specifically told me not to not to talk about the bet size with Alex so I wont. They will be ready in 2-3 days after Chris recovers, man I bet his feet hurt.


I cant remember a marathon ahead set(s) back to back lasting that long ever, that is amazing. Barry also said that they both played strong the whole time, they couldnt wear each other down. Amazing.
 
Back
Top