Hello All,
I was fortunate enough to be a part of something very special at the BCA Expo. Innovative-MFG.com (my company) had a booth set up to demonstrate The Laser Rack (a rack which gives visual confirmation of perfectly positioned racks... No more twisted racks!). During the course of the 3-day event, I was able to meet and shake hands with over a dozen pros/celebs, including Hall of Famers Nick Varner & Allen Hopkins. I also met a lot of very nice people in the industry ranging from retailers-to-room owners-to-distributors/wholesalers.
Here's a list of pros/celebs I was able to meet.
I hope I spelled all correctly. If not, my apologies.
I also got a chance to have a couple of drinks with Dick Abbott (BilliardCue.com), Evan Clarke (Schon Cues), Jim (Samsara Cues), Sammy Diep, J.R. Calvert (inside Pool), and Allen Hopkins Jr.
I had a great time at the Sterling After-Expo party and hanging out with people in the industry. Nick Varner was there and played for a while. I was able to play about 4 or 5 games with a legend. It was pretty exciting! Thanks to Scott Taylor & John Barton from Sterling Gaming for inviting us and hosting a fun after-party.
All-in-all, my first experience of the BCA Expo was phenomenal. I plan to be back next year in Vegas!
Btw, those who tried The Laser Rack, including the pros, liked it a lot. The only real negative thing pointed out was the retail price. This is something we will definitely be working on bringing down.
Oh before I forget, it was also nice to meet fellow AZB'ers Mike Janis, Mike (Omega Billiards), John Schmidt, John Barton, and Shawn Putnam.
If nothing else becomes of my business, I will have had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet the people I met. And I am sincerely lucky to have done so.
I was fortunate enough to be a part of something very special at the BCA Expo. Innovative-MFG.com (my company) had a booth set up to demonstrate The Laser Rack (a rack which gives visual confirmation of perfectly positioned racks... No more twisted racks!). During the course of the 3-day event, I was able to meet and shake hands with over a dozen pros/celebs, including Hall of Famers Nick Varner & Allen Hopkins. I also met a lot of very nice people in the industry ranging from retailers-to-room owners-to-distributors/wholesalers.
Here's a list of pros/celebs I was able to meet.
Allen Hopkins
Nick Varner
Rodney Morris
Tony Robles
Shawn Putnam
Raj Hundal
Mike Massey
Tom "Dr. Cue" Rossman
Nick Nikolaidis
John Schmidt
Ramil Gallego
Ralf Souqet
Corey Duel
Charlie Williams
Thorsten Hohmann
Ga Yong Kim
Jasmin Ouschan
Ewa Mataya Lawrence
(added): Tom Simpson & Paul "Professor Q"
Nick Varner
Rodney Morris
Tony Robles
Shawn Putnam
Raj Hundal
Mike Massey
Tom "Dr. Cue" Rossman
Nick Nikolaidis
John Schmidt
Ramil Gallego
Ralf Souqet
Corey Duel
Charlie Williams
Thorsten Hohmann
Ga Yong Kim
Jasmin Ouschan
Ewa Mataya Lawrence
(added): Tom Simpson & Paul "Professor Q"
I hope I spelled all correctly. If not, my apologies.
I also got a chance to have a couple of drinks with Dick Abbott (BilliardCue.com), Evan Clarke (Schon Cues), Jim (Samsara Cues), Sammy Diep, J.R. Calvert (inside Pool), and Allen Hopkins Jr.
I had a great time at the Sterling After-Expo party and hanging out with people in the industry. Nick Varner was there and played for a while. I was able to play about 4 or 5 games with a legend. It was pretty exciting! Thanks to Scott Taylor & John Barton from Sterling Gaming for inviting us and hosting a fun after-party.
All-in-all, my first experience of the BCA Expo was phenomenal. I plan to be back next year in Vegas!
Btw, those who tried The Laser Rack, including the pros, liked it a lot. The only real negative thing pointed out was the retail price. This is something we will definitely be working on bringing down.
Oh before I forget, it was also nice to meet fellow AZB'ers Mike Janis, Mike (Omega Billiards), John Schmidt, John Barton, and Shawn Putnam.
If nothing else becomes of my business, I will have had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet the people I met. And I am sincerely lucky to have done so.
Last edited: