BCA Junior Nationals

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Updated brackets...
14 and under:
Landon Shuffet vs Ryan Behnke on winners side.
Stephen Brown defeated by Pod Shognosh.
Pod will face young Austin Murphy.
Chad Behnke is out.
18 and under:
John Morra and Justin Bergman are still in winners.
Bergman defeated Chris Futrell.
Mitchell Menes still on winners.
Adam Behnke going through losers side strong.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
Justin Bergman has the complete package. Tony Robles and I sat and watched him play last month in Jacksonville and we were amazed at this kid's ability, confidence, and his complete lack of fear.

Stan Shuffet has done an excellent job with Landon. Landon is more of a methodical player than Justin Bergman. In about 5-10 years this will be one heck of a good matchup. Overall, I'd give the nod to the guy that will go for the big shots... and that's Justin Bergman. There are many fine up and coming players that play phenomenally well.
Hey Dave,
Just out of curiousity...after watching him play, could you beat Justin? Or did the two of you happen to play?

JDog_1

Registered
sjm said:
In the 14 and under division, keep an eye out for Mike Tosado, a solid "B" player from New York City who plays out of the Amsterdam Billiard Club.

SJM,
It appears from the brackets that Mike is still alive. I played in a D-level 9-Ball league with him at Corner a while back (I ended up winning that league, he wasn't playing well in the heat back then). He has grown in leaps and bounds in maturity and ability since then. His dad's a nice guy too..

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
14 and under winner side:
Trevor Bolland vs Landon Shuffett
Austin Murphy vs Mike Mallen

14 and under losers side:
Pod Shognosh vs Nick Tafoya
Michael Tafado vs Ryan Behnke
Our own Stephen Brown is out. :(

18 and under winner side:
Justin Bergman vs John Morra (Going to be a great match)
Kevin Peterson vs Jeremy Fornier

18 and under losers side:
Adam Behnke upset Chris Futrell and Adam is going strong still.

:cool:

hustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TannerPruess said:
14 and under winner side:
Trevor Bolland vs Landon Shuffett
Austin Murphy vs Mike Mallen

14 and under losers side:
Pod Shognosh vs Nick Tafoya
Michael Tafado vs Ryan Behnke
Our own Stephen Brown is out. :(

18 and under winner side:
Justin Bergman vs John Morra (Going to be a great match)
Kevin Peterson vs Jeremy Fornier

18 and under losers side:
Adam Behnke upset Chris Futrell and Adam is going strong still.

:cool:

Thanks for update.
Mike Mallen finished 5/6th last year as 13 year old so it is not much of a suprise to see him going strong again... Has a good eye and really fires away at the balls.

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lars V said:
i agree with watchez justin bergman is the favorite in the 18- under but john morra is close. i think landon shuffet is the favorite in the 14- under. anyone have any picks in the college tourney? i cant say cuz im in it.

Ok is landon the kid who won the jr tour in Jacksonville jus 3 weeks ago ?? if so that kid can shoot .and his dad aint to bad by far ....

stolz2

Kid Mack
Silver Member
vbookie

Does anyone want to vbookie on the bca junior nationals? And if so would some one explain to me exactly how the vbookie works. Or if no one wants to explain, then some one needs to tell me to search the archives because its been explained before how vbookie works. :D

Mack

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
It's just betting V-cash on who will win a match or the tournament. If your right you get more v-cash, if your wrong you lose it. Pretty simple.

Porter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lars V said:
i agree with watchez justin bergman is the favorite in the 18- under but john morra is close. i think landon shuffet is the favorite in the 14- under. anyone have any picks in the college tourney? i cant say cuz im in it.

Lars,
If you don't win the ACUI.
DON"T COME HOME!

:D

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
watchez said:
Justin Bergmann is the 8:5 favorite. This kid has tons of talent and HATES TO LOSE.

I have to say it....I TOLD YOU SO.

Congrats Justin!! I bet Al is real proud.