BCA question regarding table-runs - 8 ball

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I think it's unique to the league. I have played leagues where a break/run was considered differently than running out after an opponent broke dry, which was considered an "executive run out". I have also played in leagues that consider the scenario you described as a run out on the same level as breaking & running. Different leagues have different rules. All of these leagues I played in were BCAPL.

mr8ball

Here it is only a break & run if you do it from the break. National rules are the same way. The score would have been 10 to 7 for player 2

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An "ERO" only occurs on you first turn at the table and all 15 balls on the table.
Therefore, if you break and run all the way out, it counts.
If your opponenet breaks dry and you run all the way out, that also counts.

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
An "ERO" only occurs on you first turn at the table and all 15 balls on the table.
Therefore, if you break and run all the way out, it counts.
If your opponenet breaks dry and you run all the way out, that also counts.

^^ This ^^

Only thing I'd add is that if I break dry, you miss your first shot, I miss a shot, you miss a shot, etc, etc (no group has been claimed yet), and then I claim a group and run out in the same inning, it's an ERO.

Also, if I break dry, you make four or five of one group, miss, then I get out (making all seven of mine and the 8) in one inning, it's an ERO as well.

All leagues are different, YMMV...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the scenaro: In an 8 ball match player one breaks and drops two balls, a solid and a stripe, and continues to run six balls but fails to pocket the 8-ball. Player two begins his/her first turn at the table, runs and pockets the 8-ball.

Is this considered a table-run for player two?

I looked through the current BCA rules but didn't see anything regarding this, or maybe I simply missed it ...thanks in advance!

In the USAPL, which is a sister league of the BCAPL, a table run is a run of 5 or more balls with a win by the incoming player on their first turn, this is in the 9 and 10 ball leagues where you have to pocket more balls overall. Don't know the exact rule in 8 ball. If the guy misses but for some reason you made only 4, not a table run. In 9 or 10 ball that would be if you shot 3 shots, then played a combo on the winning ball.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play in a BCA league and we don't keep track of table runs. How is it counted or what does it mean for the player?

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Our BCA league if you break and run out it's a R.O. Meaning you broke and ran the table from the break............If you break and don't make a ball and your opponent runs out it's a O.N.(table run) but not a break and run.....
If you break and pocket a ball on break, then miss next shot and your opponent runs out it is not a table run because your opponent took a shot after the break...
It's set up that way on the BCA program from BCA....They call it a R.O. and a O.N. on their web site...

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our league is dual sanctioned VNEA and BCA. 'Our' league keeps track of ero's, first attempts and 10-0's.

An ero is your FIRST attempt with ALL 15 balls on the table, meaning on a dry break your opponent can still ero.

A first attempt is your first try with less than 15 balls.

10 zip is multiple innings with your opponent making 0 balls.

All are weighed different for rankings and averages with an ero worth the most. That's How SML entertainment runs their league. I still think they are the biggest charter and send the most teams to Vegas for VNEA and BCA.