Be afraid......be very afraid

mimikamimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Here is a link to 3 shafts for sale on Ebay ending in just under 30 minutes. I bought these and just sent them back 2 days after receiving them. Here is what was wrong with them. The fact that he re listed them before even getting them back from me and did a 24 hour auction is fishy enough but here is why.

Here is the description:

Three new custom cue shafts.5/16-14 piloted joint.. ring pattern single gold ring .845 " 29" in length Tiger tip 13mm shaft maple fits Schon, Joss and Jacoby

Here is what I received.

All were used with not only being chalked, ( no problem if it was chalked to test hit ) but the fact that he scuffed the piss out of them not only trying to cover it up but reshaping the tip in the process. This was no biggie really until I saw a sticker on 1 that said .836 ( wrong size ). Then I looked at the pilots and 1 is aluminum. Pics showed all brass. After checking for straightness, only 1 shaft was close to straight with a slight taper roll. The other 2 had at least 1/8 inch warp and are really bad when rolled.
Everyone has problems with a deal here and there, but when I contacted the seller ( Yes I asked questions before and after bidding )
I received replies like,
They may have been chalked to test hit......Why scuff the piss out of them then and on and on etc... But when he said " I normally sell these for 75.00, so even if only 2 are good, you still got a good deal. Anyways here is the link, and be careful. I paid just over 110.00 with shipping and received junk. Even the finish was so bad on 1 of them that on the lower 3-4 inches of the shaft that I thought it was the thick clear packing tape and tried to peel it off. It was at a 45% angle. So while I am hopefully getting refunded, I will be out 25.00 because of shipping and paypal that I am eating.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270962863552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
363   0   1
Shafts....

Unfortunately, it has been my experience that you pretty much get what you pay for in this world. Although there is no excuse for what the seller did, one would have to ask,"What did you expect to get for $32 in a shaft?" Most decent shafts in the realm of acceptability will cost you at least twice that.. Anyway, good luck in your search..

mimikamimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just expect to get what is described. I mean it is an auction after all right? I threw a max bid of over 200.00 because of the description. I just won a McDermott Custom 1987 4 veneer (real points ) and a C-1 for WAY UNDER what they are worth. Really no different than buying something new that is discontinued where you pay 25-30% of original retail. Paying less than retail does not mean it is junk especially when it is described with pics as new. That's what auctions are about. If ebay was designed to "get what you pay for", it would be called Amazon.

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I have both Schon shafts and Joss shafts in stock. $ 125.00 a piece + shipping. Very good price, unchalked, from the factories, either 12.75 or 13 mm. Brand New and straight.

mimikamimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You did not hit him with some bad feedback yet? Still shows he is 100%

That would not be smart as he has not refunded me yet. I only posted this to warn in case someone here was bidding and surfing here hoping they would catch it if that was the case. I have had good luck on ebay but this was just case of the seller describing crap as new. Bad part is they just sold for around 100.00, so someone else is going to get hosed.

duanet85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That would not be smart as he has not refunded me yet. I only posted this to warn in case someone here was bidding and surfing here hoping they would catch it if that was the case. I have had good luck on ebay but this was just case of the seller describing crap as new. Bad part is they just sold for around 100.00, so someone else is going to get hosed.

The next person who gets them prolly just watched pool hall junkies and will think they fit great on the sportcraft cue of theirs. There an auction for some beer cue (man cave decorated with beer stuff, including cheapie beer cues) on ebay and the guy says he's selling it because he 'prefers his titanium shaft.' Who am I kidding tho, I was that guy years and years ago when I was just starting out. I thought my viper fiberglass was the shizzznit lol.

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0

On the contrary, that WOULD be smart. If you have filed a case with Ebays Resolution Dept, you NEED to leave the feedback BEFORE the case is resolved. Once the case is resolved, you will not be able to leave feedback. Besides, if he won't refund your money...Ebay will! Get it done!

mimikamimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
On the contrary, that WOULD be smart. If you have filed a case with Ebays Resolution Dept, you NEED to leave the feedback BEFORE the case is resolved. Once the case is resolved, you will not be able to leave feedback. Besides, if he won't refund your money...Ebay will! Get it done!

Seller has a 3 day return policy. At this point ebay and or paypal are not involved. I return them, he refunds my $$$ and I move on. He relisted them on a 24 hour auction, so the last thing I want is to wreck his feedback before I am paid. As it is it took about 6-7 messages thru ebay to make him stand up to his return policy after all his excuses were dealt with. Also took him 8 days to ship. Once I get paid I will deal with the feedback. If he does not promptly refund then I will get ebay and paypal involved. I shipped with signature necessary, so I have all I need.

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to 3 shafts for sale on Ebay ending in just under 30 minutes. I bought these and just sent them back 2 days after receiving them. Here is what was wrong with them. The fact that he re listed them before even getting them back from me and did a 24 hour auction is fishy enough but here is why.

Here is the description:

Three new custom cue shafts.5/16-14 piloted joint.. ring pattern single gold ring .845 " 29" in length Tiger tip 13mm shaft maple fits Schon, Joss and Jacoby

Here is what I received.

All were used with not only being chalked, ( no problem if it was chalked to test hit ) but the fact that he scuffed the piss out of them not only trying to cover it up but reshaping the tip in the process. This was no biggie really until I saw a sticker on 1 that said .836 ( wrong size ). Then I looked at the pilots and 1 is aluminum. Pics showed all brass. After checking for straightness, only 1 shaft was close to straight with a slight taper roll. The other 2 had at least 1/8 inch warp and are really bad when rolled.
Everyone has problems with a deal here and there, but when I contacted the seller ( Yes I asked questions before and after bidding )
I received replies like,
They may have been chalked to test hit......Why scuff the piss out of them then and on and on etc... But when he said " I normally sell these for 75.00, so even if only 2 are good, you still got a good deal. Anyways here is the link, and be careful. I paid just over 110.00 with shipping and received junk. Even the finish was so bad on 1 of them that on the lower 3-4 inches of the shaft that I thought it was the thick clear packing tape and tried to peel it off. It was at a 45% angle. So while I am hopefully getting refunded, I will be out 25.00 because of shipping and paypal that I am eating.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270962863552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Make um famous...

besides complaining to ebay and paypal...

leave um some feedback like...

EBay Member: "acfear1974" sells junk, and would not reimburse me for 100% of expenses incurred due to the misrepresentation of the C.R.A.P.O.L.A. he listed as new on ebay...

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
All I can say is that you are much too kind.I would have opened a case through Paypal and let them do their thing.After all,isn't that why we pay them and extra 4%? And I definitely would leave the neg feedback.It would serve to warn the next potential buyer.
BTW,I am an eBay top rated seller with over 400 positive trades.I speak from many years of experience.
I'm just sayin'.Good luck with this seller.
Marc

Danny 314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cheap shaft

I remember buying a shaft off Ebay for $15, but the seller was honest and mentioned it came from a batch of defects. There was no telling which defect would arrive. I knew I was gambling. I was hoping for a bad ferule that could easily be repaired. When it arrived, sure enough, I got a $15 shaft with a brass insert off center. I got what I paid for. Lol. I know I'm always taking a chance when paying less than $100 for a shaft.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
On Ebay you should never send anything back to a seller, without filing a dispute first. The seller can always say he never received the item back. When you win a dispute, you will get all your money back after you show proof of shipping it back and seller receives it. Your only cost will be, shipping it back to the seller.

You can always return items, no matter what the seller says.

If ebay doesn't help you, then you call your credit card company and do a charge back.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
On Ebay you should never send anything back to a seller, without filing a dispute first. The seller can always say he never received the item back. When you win a dispute, you will get all your money back after you show proof of shipping it back and seller receives it. Your only cost will be, shipping it back to the seller.

If ebay doesn't help you, then you call your credit card company and do a charge back.

The buyer sent the item back with delivery confirmation or signature required on delivery.So he is OK in that regard.But yes,what you say is true.Open a case with Paypal and follow their instructions.Don't get ahead of the game.Let them assist you.If the item was not as described,they will refund the money to you.The big difference is that PayPal puts a hold on the funds until the case is settled.Then they put it in your account if you win the case.I hope this helps you in the future.Good luck.
Marc

mimikamimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

He has to sign to receive it so it's all good. Hopefully.......lol

mimikamimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The buyer sent the item back with delivery confirmation or signature required on delivery.So he is OK in that regard.But yes,what you say is true.Open a case with Paypal and follow their instructions.Don't get ahead of the game.Let them assist you.If the item was not as described,they will refund the money to you.The big difference is that PayPal puts a hold on the funds until the case is settled.Then they put it in your account if you win the case.I hope this helps you in the future.Good luck.
Marc

Thanks. I think it will be good. In almost his auctions, he talks about his feedback and how he strives to keep it 100% so there should be motivation to make it right. That and since he just sold them again, he is looking at 2 negatives if he has nothing to ship to the new owner of that junk. Anyways I appreciate the feedback. I'll update this when I get paid. Here is a pic of a McDermott ebay deal gone right. 1987 custom.
DSC00975.JPG

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The only problem now is---the seller doesn't have to give you a full refund. :angry:

He can give you a partial refund and charge you a restocking fee.

Disputes can only be filed through ebay now with the new rules.

If you go to paypal to file a dispute, you will be directed back to ebay.

After the seller gives you a refund, you will not be able to leave feedback. It will be marked as unpaid.

Last edited:

mimikamimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The only problem now is---the seller doesn't have to give you a full refund. :angry:

He can give you a partial refund and charge you a restocking fee.

Disputes can only be filed through ebay now with the new rules.

If you go to paypal to file a dispute, you will be directed back to ebay.

After the seller gives you a refund, you will not be able to leave feedback. It will be marked as unpaid.

He is not going to do any restocking fee..LOL. He'll refund me minus shipping fees like it says in the auction under details. Either way he is going to get his first negative for costing me shipping twice and then paypal is going to take their 3.5% or whatever it is. No I am not going to ask him to do the gift thing. I just think it is non productive to say what he could do as we can do that all day. I do appreciate the positive replies. I mean he could refund me 50% and take the family to Red Lobster with the rest, or he could keep it all, or he could..............etc...
I am sure it will be fine except for me having to eat the shipping and wasting 2 weeks. I only posted to try and keep someone from getting hosed. And I will be able to leave feedback. I am merely sending him something and he is going to paypal me money. The deal still happened and since I have not involved ebay or paypal it will show as a completed deal. I don't want to get too far ahead. He will have the junk back tomorrow and then we'll see how it goes.

Last edited: