Beat VP4

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here's a well known way to test your maximum efficiency draw stroke. Place the OB on the center spot and the CB near it in line with the diamonds shown by the dashed white line. Then shoot the OB into the corner pocket shown and draw the CB back to the opposite end rail, coming as close as possible to corner pocket A, using a level-as-possible cue.

With Virtual Pool 4's ability to fine tune tip offset, speed, etc. its best results are shown below - the CB hits the end rail at the middle diamond, two diamonds from corner pocket A.

Can you beat VP4's best result (hit the end rail closer to pocket A)?

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours. (Hint: this isn't a power draw shot.)

pj
chgo

Max Draw.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here's VP4 Draw Test #2. Like #1 it's a finesse shot, not a power shot.

Object ball on the spot, CB on "spot" line behind it. Shoot the object ball to the center of the head rail with a level-as-possible cue and draw the cue ball back to touch the foot rail, moving the object ball as short a distance as possible.

VP4's best "dialed in" result is shown below - the cue ball just made it back to the foot rail and the object ball made it to the head rail and back about 3 1/2 diamonds toward center table.

Can you make the object ball travel a shorter distance while drawing the cue ball back to touch the foot rail? I'll be impressed if you can.

pj
chgo

Draw 2.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's VP4 Draw Test #2. Like #1 it's a finesse shot, not a power shot.

Object ball on the spot, CB on "spot" line behind it. Shoot the object ball to the center of the head rail and draw the cue ball back to touch the foot rail, moving the object ball as short a distance as possible.

VP4's best "dialed in" result is shown below - the cue ball just made it back to the foot rail and the object ball made it to the head rail and back about 3 1/2 diamonds toward center table.

Can you make the object ball travel a shorter distance while drawing the cue ball back to touch the foot rail? I'll be impressed if you can.
On most tables you have to hit the ball very well to keep the object ball from coming back past the foot spot (and get the cue ball to the cushion, as required).

You forgot to mention that the cue stick needs to be as level as possible.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On most tables you have to hit the ball very well to keep the object ball from coming back past the foot spot (and get the cue ball to the cushion, as required).

You forgot to mention that the cue stick needs to be as level as possible.
And I figured "nip draw" was the way to go😉